ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Fake 2.0 & Proud of it

Engles Mummy

Here are pictures of my Clio 1.2 Dynamique, with 2.0 badges!

http://www.overmod.com/jesus/Clio1.JPG

http://www.overmod.com/jesus/Clio2.JPG

http://www.overmod.com/jesus/Clio3.JPG

http://www.overmod.com/jesus/My car.JPG">

Some of the pictures were taken on my phone, you can understand where the bad quality is not that good.

Mods done -

Full Body kit, Front & Side from polland. Havent seen any other clio with this front bumper yet, so at the moment i am the only one! Rear is obviously the 172 mk2.

Fitted a rear carb strut brace, simple little bit of kit and made a difference in handling.

Taking rear seats out, little bit of different but not much. Will need to put them back because my car is mostly full on college days.

Pipercross air intake, just looks good, Doesnt do f**k all.

Uni Max Power air filter, cost me £25 and is held on by duck tape!

Things to do -

I defiantly need to lower it, as you can see. Hopefully get some 40mm springs and find some garage who will not rip me off for fitting.

Hidden exhaust system, depending on money issues.

Few little bits & bobs

Apart from that, i havent got much to do, I will hopefully sell it come november and upgrade to something faster. So i dont want to do to much to it, i will be taking everything off and putting my car back to its orriginal condition. I think i will get more for it as standard, then all modded up.

I will hopefully get some better pictures of the front bumper, cant see it to well. Looks a little like the v6 mk2 front bumper.

Cheers Adam,

BMW 330d :)

Get it lowered for a start! My standard cup is lower than that and the renaultsport badge is too high on the back!

And also the front bumper doesnt look like a 172 and u need to colour code the rest of it! Appart from that ur close!:confused:

Oh and i hope u have informed the insurance company about the visual mods as they will charge u group 16 insurance for a 1.2!

Fraser

[Edited by Frasers Cup on 29 March 2005 at 10:53pm]

500bhp Scoob

As said at the southend meet mate, hope youve put on the flame suit..

people will pick holes at the tinyist (sp) things... as ive found with many of my posts showing pictures of my car (hence what it says about my car below my avatar)...

Looks good in the flesh :D

if that was implied at me i wasent pickin IMO i dont like it IMO but still a nice car soz if offended ne 1

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Mole on 29 March 2005
people will pick holes at the tinyist (sp) things... as ive found with many of my posts showing pictures of my car (hence what it says about my car below my avatar)...

Thats 2 quite large things tho? lol

if the thing in the grill is the air intake? what about adding another to make it symetrical? :D

ps how long till you have someone in a 1.4 shouting the their mates they thrashed a 172 :p

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 29 March 2005
if that was implied at me i wasent pickin IMO i dont like it IMO but still a nice car soz if offended ne 1

nah wasnt implyed to anyone, just a general thing.

Atleast its not a 5 door :cry: :p

well if it makes you happy,

but i would personally chuckle at it if i seen it ion the flesh, looks like a poor attempt to me (personal opinion, not open to debate)

Well i suppose it is quite easy to criticise ppl but just dont try and take on anyone at the lights or you will give us 2.0ltr guys a bad name!

LOL

Fraser

Oh and are they 15s? They look smaller!

Next thing u need is clear indicator lenses!

Fraser

[Edited by Frasers Cup on 29 March 2005 at 11:13pm]

Remapped derv Golf

I can tell a mile off thats not a real 172.

Its far far too high! Lower it! Theres some 172 springs on ebay atm.

Gonna have all the local chavs in their VTRs and Corsa Sports saying theyve trashed a 172!

Still a nice little motor though.

Im off to buy a V6 badge for my cup if that sort of things ok now.;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

that looks toss.;):p

as a previous offender (only for a month or so!) of the 2.0 badges on a lower spec car i would suggest you take them off for obvious reasons mentioned above. Get 16v ones and spray em silver!

and if you dont....me and the other 2.0 16v guys and girls will hunt you down and anihilate you.

seriously though, nice looking car other than the ride height mate, good job!

--chris

Looks good mate.Nice bumpers. I would remove the cold air feed, re-mesh and replace it behind the mesh (painted black) lower it as you say and get clear side repeaters. Oh and last but not least ignore the pretentious all mighty 2.0 owners who think their driving something special...we all gotta start somewhere!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by dutty_112 on 29 March 2005

^^^ whos a big head now chris ;) il whip the 182 out lol jokin
hahaha!......im only joking.

would be good to see the difference between the Cup and mine though...we could meet somewhere quiet?

--chris

Burgandy 174 sport t

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 29 March 2005

I can tell a mile off thats not a real 172.

Its far far too high! Lower it! Theres some 172 springs on ebay atm.

Gonna have all the local chavs in their VTRs and Corsa Sports saying theyve trashed a 172!

Still a nice little motor though.

Im off to buy a V6 badge for my cup if that sort of things ok now.;)
theres a 172 near me has a v6 badge on!!!

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by MK3COL on 30 March 2005

ignore the pretentious all mighty 2.0 owners who think their driving something special...
Well if our cars are nothing special, then why is he trying to copy us? ;):p

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

well to any person who has a clue about clios its looks like a 1.2 with a bodykit.

other than that the front bumpr is ok ive seen worst, needs lowering badly..

Im sorry but why the need for the 2.0 and sport badges?

WHY???

That is the worst mod you could do to any car! The chavs in there novas have now beaten and raped a 172 clio!!

Why make something look like its not:confused::confused:

why do you all care if someone in a nova e.t.c thinks thye have beaten a 172? when they come to race a real one they will see..

havnt we had a discussion like this before about a clio with the v6 bodykit? as a few said people who this arnt grown ups and are just kids, oviously i think its funny that so many of you care that people have the 2.0 badges and stuff on their car, why do you care?

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 30 March 2005

why do you all care if someone in a nova e.t.c thinks thye have beaten a 172? when they come to race a real one they will see..

havnt we had a discussion like this before about a clio with the v6 bodykit? as a few said people who this arnt grown ups and are just kids, oviously i think its funny that so many of you care that people have the 2.0 badges and stuff on their car, why do you care?
because as you have your opinion we have ours too:)

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 30 March 2005

Im sorry but why the need for the 2.0 and sport badges?

WHY???

That is the worst mod you could do to any car! The chavs in there novas have now beaten and raped a 172 clio!!

Why make something look like its not:confused::confused:

I couldnt agree more !

There are loads of posts on here about badged up motors & how people laugh at them, im sorry but that 1.2 is no different, if it was a 2.0 converted dynamique then it would be fine.

Nike Lunar Elite's

I dont think it looks like a 172, but thats not a bad thing, it still looks good to me. If you didnt have the 172 badges you wouldnt have had as many bad comments IMHO cus its not ott, pretty subtle really, especially compared to many kitted cars.

Gets a thumbs up from me though :D

[Edited by hydeyho cus he cant spell]