ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My FCS06 Detail Spec list

Right...(in no particular order)

AG Shampoo (not my preferred choice but have some left over)
AG Super Resin
AG Wheel Cleaner
AG Glass Cleaner
Microfibres
Wheel brush
umm polishing rags
Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel
Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax
PowerBlade
A SPONGE

Anyone have any thoughts on anything I can add to improve the look or something they would use instead of the above.

Ta,

Chris

I was gonna piss over it, but water would be a big help I suppose. I'll have to drain it from the toilet.

Chocolate Bar™
P21's gives a really intense shine, but doesnt have the resilliance of the NXT tech, so its like a double benefit when the shine from the P21's fades you've got the NXT tech ;)

RB 182
I got my EGP from the local retailer which is more than Halfords but that wasn't too bad, it as £8.99 for 325ml. Don't really know of any places online for it, by the time you've got postage the local shop is about the same really.

106 GTi
A Carnuba wax over the sealant ie your NXT in this case will enhance the looks well, it will give a deeper wetter gloss that most sealants can't. A worth while step.

I would also ditch the NXT and use Autoglym Extra Gloss, givws much better protection,

Thanks for tips. I've bought the stuff now so i'm gonna give it a go. Will see how I get on but will take in your comments for future purchases.

Can I get a good lambswool mit from Halfords or other retail stores?

106 GTi
They are fine.

Pic the softest one they have, I have had about 3 of them, 2 where great, but one was a bit ropey!

But the same is true for other brand ones, at least buying in store you can pick the best one.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
where can i get P21 and who is it made by? I Washed, Clayed, and NXTd my car today took best part of 3 hours but looks awesome, but want it shinier, maybe ill get some P21 over the NXT, where can i get it from?

Chris K said:
Right...(in no particular order)

AG Shampoo (not my preferred choice but have some left over)
AG Super Resin
AG Wheel Cleaner
AG Glass Cleaner
Microfibres
Wheel brush
umm polishing rags
Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel
Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax
PowerBlade
A SPONGE

Anyone have any thoughts on anything I can add to improve the look or something they would use instead of the above.

Ta,

Chris

a good hoover , some dash wipes and ur done :S

106 GTi
Crazy Clio said:
where can i get P21 and who is it made by? I Washed, Clayed, and NXTd my car today took best part of 3 hours but looks awesome, but want it shinier, maybe ill get some P21 over the NXT, where can i get it from?

To add more shine, you need to polish your paint before using a sealant.

P21s from here http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/

The wax or sealant is just the icing on the cake.

106 GTi
As Ben say's you cant go wrong with good old Autoglym Super Resin Polish or a Mild polish/Glaze such as Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
GRRR is P21 avaliable from anywere with online ordering? Serious performance dont allow this.

Everytime I enter this forum, I spend money :(

ORdered some Autoglym SRP, so my cleaning order should go:

Hose Car Down
Water + Gold Class (with a Lambswool Mitt, and 2 Buckets)
Hose Car Down
Clay Whole Car whilst wet using a bit of Quick Detailer
Dry Car With a microfibre
Polish With Autoglym SRP
Wax With NTX or Gold Class Liquid Wax (Which is best, Have Both)
Then Finish off with P21s?

Last edited:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
lol we posted @ the Same Time, Thanks once againfor your help Rich:

Does my Cleaning cycle posted above look ok to you?

I always apply waxes/polishs with a Foam applicator, take off with a microfibre and buff with a terry towel? Correct?

106 GTi
I would

Hose Car Down
Water + Gold Class (with a Lambswool Mitt, and 2 Buckets)
Hose Car Down and then

(a) Clay Whole Car whilst wet using a soap and water mix, rinse and dry the car with Microfiber drying towel.

or

(b) Dry Car the car, Clay Whole Car using plenty of Quick Detailer

Polish With Autoglym SRP
Seal with NTX x2
Then Finish off with P21s

As father and son....
emphasis on the plenty, QD is what, a 5'er a bottle? clay streaking will give u a helluva lot more pain than 5 quid :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Thanks Rich, Ordered some P21S® Concours Carnauba Wax (Hope thats the right one???) and the SRP.

When you say NTX x2, you mean NXT it TWICE?

106 GTi
Thats the one.

Yeah - Do 2 applications/coats of NXT to make sure you get 100% coverage.

Tesla MP3 2021
Chris K said:
I was gonna piss over it, but water would be a big help I suppose. I'll have to drain it from the toilet.
'

lmoa...

a hot steamy piss does do the job quite well;)