ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My FCS06 Detail Spec list

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Rich said:
Thats the one.

Yeah - Do 2 applications/coats of NXT to make sure you get 100% coverage.

Thanks, look forward to using this polish @ FCS, come check out my finish on the Clio Stylers stand, Although the organisations is looking a bit shite!

Biffons_Bridge said:
'

lmoa...

a hot steamy piss does do the job quite well;)

actually its bad for the car .....:S paint work will fade and discolour due bad enzymes in ur p1ss :slap:

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I really don't think using a mit makes any difference over a sponge, its purely personal preference.

Tesla MP3 2021
kullycliosport said:
actually its bad for the car .....:S paint work will fade and discolour due bad enzymes in ur p1ss :slap:

for your info my piss is enzymes free;0

BMW E46 330i Touring
In terms of swirl marks, a sponge will make a difference... I noticed a huge difference on my old Petrol Blue Fiesta.

I think my spec list for FCS is currently going:

Wash (2 buckets, wash mitt and probably Meg Gold Class).
Doesn't need claying, but might do the front and lower sides...
Dry avec MF.
Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze.
NXT, maybe x 2 as per Rich's instruction.
P21s

I've then got Quick Detailer for intermediate stops on the Saturday and as an option for the Sunday if the car's looking good still...

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
acrebo said:
In terms of swirl marks, a sponge will make a difference... I noticed a huge difference on my old Petrol Blue Fiesta.

LOL no it won't, the reason you get swirl marks from it was probably from grit in the sponge. I've been using a sponge for as long as I can remember and have never gotten swirl marks from it.

The mit is just a different form of washing your car, no better, no worse.

Prove me wrong.

106 GTi
A flat sided sponge with allow grit to be trapped between the sponge and the paint. I used a sponge for years on every car I have owned up to the 182 and never induced swirl marks - as long as your carefull, but the wash mitt makes things so much safer.

On Black and the fact it marks so easily would never trust a sponge. Mitts are so much softer and flexable, and the deep pile draws the dirt into it away from the paint. Much safer.

My ten pence worth, and I am staying with wash mitts or wash pads.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Well, no, it wasn't just the fact that I was using a sponge, but grit was getting trapped between the sponge and clearcoat every time I washed the car, building up the swirls. When I changed to a mitt and polished the car, I found a lot less swirls were forming, because the grit wasn't getting trapped but coming away from the surface of the mitt.

If your paint is grit-free, then sponge has nothing to push around to cause scratches and swirls and it will stay swirl-free...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4637

Megane Trophy
Im starting to get upset:(

Im a total bufty when it comes to cars,
My corsa was spotless and faultless at shows

However i just havent had the time to tidy the clio up, sort the bodywork and get my hand son the engine bay with my stainless parts!

So i may let the stand down, but next year i may be in contention for the buftiest car there :cool: