ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Car (1.2 MK2)

1.2 Mk2 Clio
Hello all, after lots of noseying at your Clios and feeling sub par :( to them I decided to start a project thread.

So this is my first car, not been driving it a month yet but I love it. Needed some work when I bought it , new rear bumper, o/s headlight and a new clutch. Picked it up for £300 though so it was a bargain! :rasp:
Would appreciate any comments that aren't dogging it for being a 1.2 or having minor bodywork issues seeing as it is my first car :p and any suggestions for improvements.

Have fitted new speakers, RS grille, head unit and that's about it, replaced the bumper and headlight myself too. So this is my first go at messing with cars so I'm just beginning to learn.

Would like to get it lowered
Colour coded side strips and front bumper insert
Tinted rear windows
Then when I get around to it some new alloys. Not sure what though so help guys!

Pics are ordered in date, old to new. (Obviously).
Im5HQw2.jpg

OivSFe5.jpg

zIppcsP.jpg

N3yJn7I.jpg

MdS2AYD.jpg

LzZUejt.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2
Mate that front grill looks dope. I want one lol... I'm sure you'll figure out what wheels to put on it. just a friendly bit of advice 15" are standard size for a 1.2. 16" are standard size for the 172/182/197. and 17" are probably the absolute biggest size you can put on without the wheels running on the arches. I've just bought some 17" for my 1.2 and they fit like and look like a dream but anyone will tell you that the ride with 17" is harsh to say the least but being only a 1.2 surely all of what your going to do is cosmetic anyway lol. If you do look for wheels the wheel PCD (wheel nut spacing) is 4x100. Have fun Bro. keep posting.

1.2 Mk2 Clio
Cheers pal. There's a guy on eBay selling the coloured tape for about £4 and he sent me instructions for application on a ClioSport flyer, could do with finding him on here, needs to promote himself. But yeah cosmetic only on a 1.2 haha. Cheers for the help with the alloys then, do think I could swap comfort for a little bit of 'boy racer'.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Looks tidy for the price you paid!

Keep it clean and enjoy the freedom :) ...it would make a massive difference if you polish up your drivers side headlight to remove the hazing. Not too expensive either, you can pick a kit up in Halfords.

Looks like a nice start! Quite similar to what mine looked like when I first picked it up, so much has changed! I chose Clio sport alloys for mine, guaranteed a good fit then. Hope it goes well for you!

Looks nice, led interior, side lights and number plate cheap to buy make it look a lot cleaner. I just got some blue interior lights have a look
IMAG0795_zps966466dc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks nice, led interior, side lights and number plate cheap to buy make it look a lot cleaner. I just got some blue interior lights have a look
IMAG0795_zps966466dc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1.2 Campus Sport
I recommend getting some Xenon Headlights to compliment your RS Grill. It's a straight swap and looks sporty!
There is always someone selling some on here and they are definitely a good investment!
Thanks,
Ross