ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first car 1.2 RN 1998 clio project

Renault clio 1.2 RN
Hey, this is my first car i was wondering if a 172 bumper would fit and the rear bumper also, dont want to chav it up as such just make it alittle different?

Heres the car as is.......

cliocourts001.jpg

cliocourts002.jpg

And the engine undergoing a detail clean.

cliocourts003.jpg

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
the rear bumper should fit no problems, possibly need arch liners from a 172 also as there slightly smaller i think, the front bumper will go on if you get the sport wings also as they slightly flare out at the side making it a bit wider :)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
the phase 2 172 rear bumper I'm guessing your meaning?

If not just colour code yours
And it will be the same as phase 1

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Those alloys are ph2 172 alloys, and are pretty cheap at the moment...

You can fit sport bumpers but you need to fit the wings and skirts too and it starts getting expensive.

I'll link you to my old 1.2 project thread, if you have a read through, you'll see what you can do to them.

How it looked to begin with:

media.jpg

media5.jpg

media4.jpg

How I made it look

1.jpg

4.jpg

I also added a sport interior.

The Project

Last edited:
  Renault clio 1.2 RN
You Changed The Lights, Wheels, Thats What I Wanna Do What Else Did You Do?? How Much Did That Cost Ya Roughly Looks Better With Them Wheels On x

Last edited:
  330i. E30 Touring.
IMO, save the money. You're never going to make that look a million dollars, so save the cash you would have put into it, and either put it towards saving for a new car, or spent it on ching and strippers.

Much love,

Budge x

Renault clio 1.2 RN
Well Its My Car And Im Going To Make It look Better So I Need Some Advice From The Right person And Rob^^^ Has Given Me That But Thanks

Clio 182
IMO, save the money. You're never going to make that look a million dollars

He didn't say he wanted to make it look a million dollars, theres nothing wrong with a few subtle changes to make the car his/her own.

I'd say from Rob's a few hundered quid on his and it looks much better.

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm just saying, if i was 17 again, I wouldn't have bothered pouring money into my cars back then..

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I'm just saying, if i was 17 again, I wouldn't have bothered pouring money into my cars back then..

This. Nothing wrong with doing a few small things IMO, but don't chuck thousand(s) at it, save it for a 1*2 or something.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I made a profit on modifying that car. Some clever part buying, and I ended up selling all of my mods for more than I paid for them.

Mods..... (with rough costs picked up on here)

Front lights - 70
Rear lights - 35
Fog lights - 30
172 ph2 alloy wheels - 180
60mm Lowering springs - 65
Shorter aerial - 7
Upgraded speakers all around - 80
Alpine headunit - 100
Ph1 172 interior - 100
Ph2 rear bumper - 40
Dynamique/sport rear spoiler - 35
Basic custom induction setup for some noise - 30

I think that's about it.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Rob you ASW <3

As said mate dont throw alot at it, give urself a small budget and stick at that.