ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first car!

Alrite folks, im 16 and got my first car today - 2001 Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique. Been saving for a while, and finally had enough for what I wanted.

I got a few things i'd like to do but at the same time I want to keep my insurance as low as possible. Check it out tell me what you think, cheers!

cliofront.jpg

cliorear.jpg

Clio046.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lovely mate! Welcome along.

Simple mods are the best, the slightly bigger 16in rims, moderate lowering and colour coding! - Try not get suckered in to changing body panels! No real need! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Leave it standard if i was you.

Will be so much easier to sell when you finish it.

*you could Deck it on coilovers and then take them off when you sell it* ;)

Actually, scrap my first comment, Deck it! lol

80MPG BEEZA
weldone mate

great feeling getting your first car cherish it!

mine was an xr2 i had 20 mins and my dad took it back as rear axle was rotten beyond belief :(

Thanks guys, 43 days till my 17th jhn.

I wanted to get either a nice set of 16s or stick with 15s and lower, but it's early days so we'll see!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Helensburgh! Loads of us near the centre.

Stranrea, peebles that neck of the wood?

Yeah think thats about 40 minutes from me, closest town to mine that you will probablly have heard of is Irvine?

CS Dungeon
Lovely mate! Welcome along.

Simple mods are the best, the slightly bigger 16in rims Ph2 172 wheels, moderate lowering -35mm ish and colour coding bumpers/sidestrips/door handles and clear side repeaters! - Try not get suckered in to changing body panels! No real need! :)

Amen:approve:

Edit: A CUP spolier would look good too :)

Edit again: And what do I see 2 posts down http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=259820 lol

Last edited:
  "ph-quick"
I think you need to put some flashing Pink LED lights underneath your hazzard button. These should flash all the time for the best affect.

RenaultSport 172.
I think you need to put some flashing Pink LED lights underneath your hazzard button. These should flash all the time for the best affect.

1 word......

TOOL.

listen to the above suggestions mate, 172 rims, lowered on coilys, zorst, colour code and possibley a 182 interior....?

very nice car for your first one tho mate :)

Flame Red Delight
Awrite mate i am from Scotland i am 17 i am on the east coast where abouts you stay ?

1 word......

TOOL.

listen to the above suggestions mate, 172 rims, lowered on coilys, zorst, colour code and possibley a 182 interior....?

very nice car for your first one tho mate :)

yeah I've been admiring the 172 rims from some pics on this site actually. Coilys are really pricey though are they not?

Awrite mate i am from Scotland i am 17 i am on the east coast where abouts you stay ?

Im on the west coast, near Irvine!

looks nice for a first car

tidy 1st car fella

Thanks guys

Went to halfords and bought a load of cleaning stuff, spent all day today cleaning.

Engine gunk, car shampoo, wax, wash, wheel wash, polish, tyre blackening, dashboard spray, hoovering blah blah blah...

Anyway, few pics...

bonnetup.jpg

engine.jpg

cinematic.jpg

Tell me what ya think!