ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first experience in the snow! :(

So, today is my first experience on driving in snow and well .... in the first 10 minutes i slide into a curb at the bottom of my road. My wheel trim explodes into at least 30 pieces and i get a bent rim, should just be a bend out job. Lucky (for now) i cant see anything broken behind the wheel such as CV joint or driveshaft so fingers crossed. :S

2013-01-18091751_zps4af17628.jpg

enough of a thump to have slightly bent a track rod or wishbone that you won't see very easy ........

take it easy out there

As long as you learn from it.

My first time in snow I came off a main road roundabout onto an uncleared side road far too quickly. I just slid straight on and hit the curb. Luckily for me there was no damage. I learned a lesson though.

Decided i might not go out in it this weekend, the trouble is i cant even go out for a drive to see if its ok. all shall be revealed on monday lol.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
my first experience in the snow was me sliding into a wall at about 5mph and nothing could stop it from sliding as it was on a downhill going home. happily no damage but a tiny little crack on the bumper :)

BMW E46 330ci Sport
When correcting someone's grammar, please check you're actually right first of all.

Now you can tell your mum you know what irony is, pet x

ARRRGGGGHHH NOOOO! Can't believe I made a mistake in my correction. Now I just look a knob.:(

Nicely played sir. Nicely played.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I thought I was going to crash earlier, I was sliding on sheet ice heading towards a brick wall with cars either side, just released the brakes applied them very gently brought it back under control, drama over.

If people didn't panic or try and be a hero these types of crashes wont happen as often.

Get the tracking and alignment checked in case you have bent something

Will do mate, dad wants to give it a good look over, tbh i wouldnt trust myself on the hill i live on again, just too steep so its parked up looking sorry for itself :dapprove:, also i think my dad thinks i was trying to do a Scandinavian flick round the corner so thats not helping the situation lol.

Will do mate, dad wants to give it a good look over, tbh i wouldnt trust myself on the hill i live on again, just too steep so its parked up looking sorry for itself :dapprove:, also i think my dad thinks i was trying to do a Scandinavian flick round the corner so thats not helping the situation lol.

Hahaha sounds like the sort of thing my dad would think if i came back with a bent up wheel. Parents will never believe you when you say "it wasnt my fault!"