ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First & Second Clio sport...

Clio Sport 182
Ok so i had a black Clio 172 last year with a few mods but decided to sell it & get something bigger. Now decided that the clio was good on fuel, looks smart & is still quick when it needs to be, so I went & bought the blue 182 I have now.

Here are some pics of my 172, had a cat back twin exhaust, green induction kit.

renault_clio_sport_172_black_01.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_02.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_03.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_04.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_05.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_06.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_07.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_08.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_09.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_10.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_11.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_12.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_13.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_14.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_15.gif

renault_clio_sport_172_black_16.gif

This is my Blue 182 which will be getting a few mods soon. Currently has the Recaro seats, Longlife cat back exhaust & a stupid induction kit that will be coming off very soon.

clio_01.jpg

clio_02.jpg

clio_03.jpg

clio_04.jpg

clio_05.jpg

clio_06.jpg

clio_07.jpg

clio_08.jpg

clio_09.jpg

clio_10.jpg

clio_11.jpg

clio_12.jpg

clio_13.jpg

Having a service...
clio_14.jpg

Going up...
clio_15.jpg

Exhaust system (will give it a clean at weekend & polish it up)...
clio_16.jpg

clio_17.jpg

Bald tyre (had 2 new Pirelli's up front due to tracking being out)...
clio_18.jpg

Over the weekend I went & got quite a few bits for the clio, took over 10 hours driving worth it tho. Got front & rear strut braces, & a full interior apart from front seats. As my 182 did not come with the standard sport interior for some reason (previous owner must have striped it out at some point.

Also ordered a full front & rear brake setup from K Tec today so that should be here next week.

Will update with pics as progress is made.

Clio Sport 182
1st update. Not done any more work to car yet but some bits came today...

1st delivery...
clio_19.jpg

Clio Sport Membership pack :)

2nd delivery...
clio_20.jpg

Whats in the boxes?

All new brakes, K Tec Racing Grooved discs front & rear with EBC Ultimax pads.
clio_21.jpg

clio_22.jpg

Strut braces i got last week.
clio_23.jpg

All this should be fitted over weekend so will have more progress soon.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks mint mate.

Bad curbing on some of the wheels, and that 16V badge definatly needs to go!

Keep up the good work.

Sam!

Clio Sport 182
Didn't know if the 16v badge was standard or not? Thinking of de-badging it but unsure. Also thought of getting the badges sprayed in anthracite same colour as wheels, not sure.

Clio Sport 182
Slight update...

Found an induction kit i had for my impreza so took the filter off it & fitted it, its an improvement from the carbon one but still going to get a proper induction kit & samco pipe. Also placed the strut brace on, need to drill the holes & fit it.
clio_24.jpg

Then i decided to do the interior so first was the front door cards...
Before...
clio_25.jpg

During...
clio_26.jpg

After...
clio_27.jpg

Then it was the rear door cards & rear bench...
Before...
clio_28.jpg

clio_29.jpg

Striped...
clio_30.jpg

This clip was broken on the new sport seats but i had the old seat so just swaped it...
clio_31.jpg

clio_32.jpg

clio_33.jpg

Rear bench & door cards fitted...
clio_34.jpg

clio_35.jpg

Brakes are going to be fitted on Tuesday so will have pics of them fitted on Tuesday.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
nice 1, coming along very nice,, if you want some front seats to match the back, i'll gladly swop you :D lol

i see your from chorley , well theres a really good place down cowling mill, that refurbs wheels
they did my sisters boxter wheels powder coated them 19'' and they were only £60 each corner.

please take that horrible 16v badge off the back, it looks crap m8
if i see it parked up i'll pull it off for you :D.

see you about joe
marcus.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
oh btw was you talking to my mate andy at the petrol station about a week ago?
he as a 172cup,

he told me that he had been chatting with a lad on the petrol station, with a artic 182
not that he knows the colours, he hasnt got a clue about anything to do with cars
he is daft as , but he's my m8 so cant go to ott on him :evil:.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Isn't that interior you took out the trophy seats? They were the same as boggo ones iirc. Is it a straight cup? As I can't see the point in changing the door cards for standard ones. Can't be any weight loss to be had??
Deffo get rid of 16v badge please, it's offensive! Lol

Clio Sport 182
marcushookdale - Nice try but i'm fine with the Recaro's, lol. There is another place in Chorley as well that does a full set for £100. So need to find them. & don't remember talking to anyone at a petrol station.

j6pkp1234 - I don't get what you mean. My car is not a cup. & the point of changing the door cards was because i wanted it to all match as in the grey alcantara. Not for weight loss, just looks. As for MPG i have no idea at all.

Everyone don't worry the 16v badge is coming off. LOL! (I did not stick it on tho, it came like that)

The 172 wheels look absolutely spotless :eek: The 182 wheels however... well unfortunately they look like mine :(

Ditto on the 16v badge. If you want some induction noise but want to keep as much power as possible try the OEM airbox with the accoustic valve removed or pull the CAF away a cm or two? It's not as roary as an IK, but it's definitely noticeable and makes you smile (though with an aftermarket exhaust, can you even hear the IK roar?)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi, i wasnt having a pop, I was just questioning why the previous owner would put horrible spec door cards in. The seats I can understand at a push, but doorcards?
But good going getting the proper ones back in, looks much better!! Loving the recaros too!! Let me know about your mpg if you would please...

Clio Sport 182
Don't really hear the induction kit as i don't rag it in the lower gears. The exhaust is not stupidly loud but it makes a nice sound & when you let off it pops now & again. :)

j6pkp1234 - like i said somewhere else i think the previous owner striped the car of all interior & just had the recaro's in & used it for track, not sure tho. I have no idea why you would want to strip the sport interior for basic interior other than for track use.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah my comment wasn't really worded correctly I apologise. It doesn't make sense to me now!!
Thankfully you put it back to how it should be!! Looks a great car tho.

Clio Sport 182
Yer i'm really happy with the interior now, looks 100% better.

Oh & as for MPG, you wont really notice a difference. easiest way to get more MPG is to not have a heavy right foot, lol.

260% JCW
Whats with the mix and match interior when you got it? Trophy front seats with a Billabong rear bench?

Looks better now.

Clio Sport 182
yes i'm going to fcs, are you?

kevster - no idea, only thing i can think of is previous owner must have had it striped out for track. Can't think of anything else, but looks so much better now.

Clio Sport 182
Already got them Jon so just going to fit them or else they will just sit in garage. I'm not expecting much on the handling, more just for looks.

Clio Sport 182
All the lights on the dash came on as in handbrake, abs, traction control & stop light!
clio_36.jpg

This was due to the rear wheel bearing needing replacing which comes as part of the rear discs which i'd already ordered from K-Tec.

Once brakes were fitted all lights went off again, was quite scary to see them all on tho, thought the car was going to fall to pieces (being french, lol).

Decided to give the car a good clean for FCS.

First up, engine...

Before
clio_37.jpg

After
clio_38.jpg

Next, wheels...

Before
clio_39.jpg

After
clio_40.jpg

Then the rest of the car...

Before
clio_41.jpg

clio_42.jpg

After
clio_43.jpg

clio_44.jpg

Added the clio sport sticker & tax disc holder...
clio_45.jpg

Removed the stupid 16v badge! :)
clio_46.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy
Just thought i would point out looks as though your front discs are fitted to the wrong sides, only groves go in direction of rotation.

Clio Sport 182
little update...

couple of pics from fcs thanks to other members.

clio_47.jpg

clio_48.jpg

clio_49.jpg

fitted the skoda front splitter...

before...
clio_50.jpg

after...
clio_51.jpg

Got an Astra as well now so the miles dont go up too much on the Clio. Also needed a bit more space to fit golf clubs into the boot as they dont fit in the clio. The Astra is now sitting on Lambo rims (will get some pics soon).

clio_52.jpg

clio_53.jpg

Thought it was about time to get the wheels refurbed as they really let the car down.

Before...
clio_40.jpg

After...
clio_54.jpg

clio_55.jpg

clio_56.jpg

clio_57.jpg

clio_58.jpg

clio_59.jpg

clio_60.jpg

Decided to have the badges on the wheels colour coded to be a little different.

Really happy with them now.

New BMC induction kit, samco's, oil catch tank & lots of carbon coming soon...