ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My floor is like a swimming pool!

Clio
Hi,

My back passenger side is a massive puddle. Nothing else is wet so it doesn't appear to be coming from the sun roof, but it's particularly bad after heavy rain. I'm a bit concerned now as I have several wires now that are getting wet. Don't want to get ripped off by my local Renault dealer. Any suggestions? Thanks

ValverInBits
are you driving through deep puddles? What clio is it Mk1/Mk2Ph1/MK2Ph2/New1?

You'll need to lift the carpet to look at this

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Door seal more than likely. The large rubber tubing that goes around the door.

Works...kind of...
Heater matrix maybe.

*edit* after re-reading i see you said back footwell, sorry. LOL

When my sunroof last leaked badly, it was all in the drivers side back footwell, so I wouldn't rule it out.

M2 Competition
Either door seal, aerial or floor plugs for the seat bolts.

Which clio is it? Where are you located?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Rear light cluster? mk1's have numerous leaking points! not too sure on mk2's!

renault clio RT 1.4
mine did this, passenger side of my mk1.

i found it was because the pipe to the rear washer has a connector that just fell apart.

if you pull off the trim on the passenger side of the car, by the back seat on the bottom, you'll find a yellow pipe, bet you anything its in 2 pieces :D just put it back together, tape it or something then put the trim back on.

trim just pulls off its got lil plastic clips, don't worry about breaking them theyre pretty hardy. pullll!!

good luck

black gold 182
only way is to sit in it and get someone to run a hose over the top, you might be able to seal a small gap yourself?