ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Focus RS mk1

Focus RS Mk1
Hi all, an introduction for my new car/project.

Got rid of the evo 5 in feb last year, been running the daily shed, fiat punto 1.2, for the time being, mainly since the wife and I had our first child, it was practical etc. Now she's nearly 6 months old we dont need half the crap we had so i can sack the punto off to a mate of mine and start using the RS as a daily.

We were blessed this weekend with some nice weather so decided to get out and clean the RS for the first time.

Just gave it a going over with some megs gold class, two bucket method, dryed with water magnet and thats it, testiment to the previous owners who done a top job of keeping it clean. Does need a going over with a clay bar soon but i'll get it in the garage for that.

Spec list:

A/E Tuna (bluefin) Remap
Ford Motorsport tubular manifold (heatwrapped)
Miltek decat
Roose motorsport boost hoses
Force Actuator
Force 007 recirc valve
Running direct at 22-25psi

Carbon fibre front splitter
Carbon fibre fog light surrounds
Stack boost gauge
8000k HID lights
Colour coded door handles
Smoked front indicators

Estimated power @ 280-300bhp. Need to get it on the rollers to check it out. But quite common output with these modifactions.

Anyway, enough from me, the pics:

378132_10151138304565176_718905175_22668672_1505441837_n.jpg

396476_10151138305100176_718905175_22668677_1435975629_n.jpg

375477_10151138305375176_718905175_22668678_1948044365_n.jpg

377525_10151138305570176_718905175_22668679_731755745_n.jpg

381606_10151138305765176_718905175_22668680_1878771095_n.jpg

378956_10151138305995176_718905175_22668683_811543053_n.jpg

Since the pictures were taken ive removed the stenciling from the mud flaps so they are plain, normally id have taken them off but since its going to my daily soon i want to preserve the car as much as possible.

Mods ive got lined up,

rewrap the exhaust manifold, was done poorly, thats sat waiting for the weekend. Got a scangauge 2 on the way which i'll fit soon. Can keep an eye on those all important temps and AFR's.

After that the cash from the punto sale will go on a double din pioneer satnav unit.

Will need new brakes and tyres in a couple of months so some upgraded discs and pads are on the list.

Other than that im keen to just enjoy it.

Last edited:

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Lovely still want one of these sometime! I went looking and found one but decided not too! Think it was the mpg that put me off! How's it on fuel ?

Focus RS Mk1
Too early to say as im still living in the boost and not using it much. However 25 litres has so far lasted me 58miles but still got a bit to go on that yet. mid twenties i reckon mpg wise.

However i'll use it for work for a week soon, i'll go on an eco run. As long as i get a tank per week i dont care (240miles ish).

Its gonna be awful compared to the super economical punto, so its bound to be a shock to the system. It will be better than my evo though, this car for me was all about a fine balance between fun, useable, relaible, spacious good looks and practical as a daily. The evo and and punto didnt have the whole package, i think this does.

Focus RS Mk1
They are actually quite a clever buy at this time, they have bottomed out in price regarding depreciation, they just go on mileage now.

Not many of them in this country (under 2000 iirc), so they will always be in demand.

Personally i think they were the last of the real hot hatches in the golf type bracket.

Z4
Lovely.

Only change I'd make would be the us spec rear lights!
Always liked my mates one, it didn't pull away from my old cup like he'd hoped though lol (standard)

172 Cup
Epic cars i LOVE these, however im just not/will not be in the position to own one in the next few years :(

The spec looks good and your plans sound good, keep us posted ;)

Mk1 Focus RS
looks very tidy pal.

my dads got a mk1 running 350 bhp and shed load of boost, its a proper hand full with torgue steer and wheel spin. whats it like running the power youve got?

any future plans for more power or keeping it as it is?

Focus RS Mk1
wheel spins a lot, in 4th in the wet.

Torque steer is crazy! my mrs drove it and it ripped the wheel out of her hands!

power wise its great, get easily over 150mph, i just happen to own a runway!

power increases for the future are unlikely, its a daily so i cant see it, also im thinking its fairly big expensive mods after what its currently got. So im happy with it as it is for the time being.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very nice.

I'm a massive fan of these. You hardly see them as well which is good I guess. (Infact I saw one last sunday actually ;) )

Focus RS + S3
Wanted one of these since I was like 12 lol
think it will be my next step in an ideal world

will be wathcing this closely :)

Insignia SRi
Stunning car, on my list to own one day. Only slight niggle for me would be......8k HIDs, screams a little bit chav spec saxo but other than that superb!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
8000k hids and those mudflaps make me so sad but fantastic looking car. In cracking condition aswell looking at the pics.

The Mpg can get ridiculous. Properly on boost you literally watch the tank empty no problem. Torque steer indeed is wild but fun actually. It's not undriveable just funny how it pulls the car.

I never understood how a 1*2 could keep up with one anywhere bar the corners. Not after driving both. Just ime.

Turbos.
wheel spins a lot, in 4th in the wet.

Yeah, alright Vin Diesel...

I love the RS, haven't dated at all in my eyes, still look fantastic. Shame about the gash mudflaps though, and i don't like the idea of chavvy HIDs.

Show some respect to a future classic!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This isn't Fordracingpuma.net/handling you know.