ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My friend's modified ED30 (Love/Hate)

If it's constantly on track I like it. If it sits on fields "rolling hard" etc then no.

Some bits are suspect. The rear diffuser looks like something someone made at school as a project. I can understand a side exit exhaust nearing the front. i.e. shortest route possible. Where's he's done it is just odd. The bonnet's just wrong too.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If it's an all out track car then I can accept it. If it goes anywhere near the road then f**k no!!
Same.
Although if the spoilers/diffuser have been added with the intention of reducing lift, which naturally, i assume they have, i cant see that having the exhaust sticking out one side of the car will help with airflow. Surely it would create a pressure area meaning that the car would turn left very quickly, but right handers would be a slight problem? Surely the exhaust should be symmetrical (on both sides so as not to have a negative affect on the clearly thought out aero), or as mentioned above, come out the front of the car.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Same.
Although if the spoilers/diffuser have been added with the intention of reducing lift, which naturally, i assume they have, i cant see that having the exhaust sticking out one side of the car will help with airflow. Surely it would create a pressure area meaning that the car would turn left very quickly, but right handers would be a slight problem? Surely the exhaust should be symmetrical (on both sides so as not to have a negative affect on the clearly thought out aero), or as mentioned above, come out the front of the car.
Agree with this. I don't see the point in side exit exhausts at all. Unless he has a custom exhaust and couldn't be arsed spending a bit extra to get it coming out the rear. I fear it's for looks/scene

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the wing and bonnet aren't for me. I like the carbon wings though.

The stickers are sponsors I believe. As for the exhaust and bumper, I think it's all just a custom thing rather than a performance thing. I think he's just done some parts to be different, wether that be good or bad. I think it's a bit OTT but he likes it. Each to there own i suppose.

As for performance, I know it's done 160 with more to go. @cat171

He asked I would take photos of it and I thought it would be a good chance to practice some photography.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I think he needs to be told when working on a car the workshop lights need to be on.... that looks utter gash. Totally ruined by the wing.
Looking at it the other way tho he could be driving a Kia Rio so fair play to the effort put into it. Just not my cup o tea. If everyone was the same the world would be full of clios with turinis on....oh wait