ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My GTT Conversion

Skoda Fabia vRS

right, seems the ball will finally be rolling on my GTT conversion, donor is paid for and currently tucked up in a garage, bank loan acquired currently sat in my savings account..........and decided on whose doing it

gone with Grey Devil Industries in Cambridge, its quite a distance from where i live but Andy (Andy GDI on here) is very helpful an has been patient with my constant emails hehe

the conversion itself/GDI should be featured in PGTi in the coming months....

car has already got a K&N element and dump valve.....

the engine spec will be as follows.......(at the mo standard turbo depends on inspection and funds at the time !)

Flowed and ported head and manifolds
3 angle valve seats
Uprated valve springs
Uprated head gasket
Piper 285 cam
Full engine balance
Lightened flywheel
Uprated clutch
Silicone boost hoses
Silicone coolant hose set (8)
New piston/liner set
New timing chain and tensioner
New bottom end gaskets
New bottom end bearings
think thats everythin but i might have missed something out dunno, oh an the block will be fully cleaned and painted too

here is a few pics of an engine they did a few months back :)

FROM THIS !

http://www.mbrunskill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/102-0290_IMG.jpg

TO THIS !!

http://www.mbrunskill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/105-0577_IMG.jpg

http://www.mbrunskill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/106-0610_IMG.jpg

very pretty! lol!

lookin good mate that paint job makes a lot of difference!

how much it costin for the conversion minus the donner car?

Skoda Fabia vRS

the conversion is very favourably priced in comparison to everywhere else i considered, however im not gonna go into specifics as myself and Andy have come to an agreement based on many factors.............sorry

Well reminded!

Need to speak to PGTi about my feature, maybe in the same edition mate!! What are you going for cooling wise? Front mount or chargecooler?

Skoda Fabia vRS

standard for the time being, i know im not gonna get the most out of my engine yet however money doesnt grow on trees and i needed to get all the engine work done so i wouldnt need it doing again

It has worked out alot cheaper for me to have the front mount done at the same time, but I suppose you would have to start hacking at the front bumper etc, what sort of power are you going to be pushing? Good luck to Andy @GDI on the conversion, I know Torsion Tuning did alot of testing on different setups to get the 1st one right, and it has definetely paid off now!

I never mentioned any sort of price!

IMO Torsion Tuning offer the best package, they have done the conversion many times previously, they worked for months getting the setup on the 1st car right, and they are top blokes, I would not have taken my car anywhere else for the conversion, and if your prices are that good why not post them on the boards?

Here are Torsions:

Basic labour charge plus donor car £1000 That is the price to every customer, other work such as engine re-builds etc will be on top of that.

Any tuner that does the converison will always be in Torsions shadow, as they created the 1st many years ago, which is still on the road today, as said before good luck to GDI, and I hope it runs well for you.

Skoda Fabia vRS

look i know your obsessed with torsion so can you please stop trying to advertise them on my thread, GDI are charging me a LOT less than what torsion wanted, and they did a conversion like this years ago, possibly even before torsion.........but who cares !

im gettin it done, this thread is about that fact, and not anything else !

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 14 July 2003

look i know your obsessed with torsion so can you please stop trying to advertise them on my thread, GDI are charging me a LOT less than what torsion wanted, and they did a conversion like this years ago, possibly even before torsion.........but who cares !

im gettin it done, this thread is about that fact, and not anything else !

lmfao!

Only reason you are not using Torsion is that they were not willing to do the conversion for free or next to nothing, but you have managed to blag Andy @ GDI into doing you a deal so fair play, maybe you have told him that you will spread the word on the boards and you have got a mag feature coming up or something!!

No, BRUN just pesters people till they give in.............;)

We know enough about torsion tuning, its been about for months now, lets hear about others for a while.

Its only an engine swap, its not a whole car redesign.

fair play to those who can do it the cheapest, its just means more business for them.

Brun looking good matey. good to see another clio gtt coming on strong.

Only thing i will sugest is make sure your turbo and cooling are upto scratch. T3s are too laggy for me i prefer my t28. I look forward to seeing yours finnished and then we can make a comparison.

Matt

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

just for info we started doing engine conversions etc 9 yrs ago when I started GDI

we are working on Bruns car becuase he asked me to, there is no blag involved etc....

what we are offering Brun is a full high spec engine rebuild, not just a swap, and he is using us for that reason, we have lots of experience with turbo engines are its not just paint on the outside... the gasflowing etc etc all play a big part....

we are looking forward to getting the car running well as much as any other of our customers.

if anyone want to chat to me about engines, problems with their car or future plans I am usually on the phone until about 8pm at night from 8am in the morning..... we dont bullsh*t anyone becuase its not my way and I love my cars as much as you lot.... you should see the time I spend just looking after my own car.....

hope to see some of you soon..

all the best

Andy

GDI

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Theres so many reasons people choose certain tuners i had the same problem myself, EP or Torsion I hadnt ruled out GDI, but hadnt seen/heard of their work with a clio GTT, respected in the 5 community though, hmm twin carbs....anyway...So it was either EP reputed for mad twin engined 5 and bible style knowledge, but also AFAIK little experience in the conversion and a 2/3 day turnaround, which scared me a little, though they are about 180 miles closer. Other option Torsion who to be honest id never heard of but had seen a conversion in the flesh and knew they had done a fair few and werent new to it. So i went for experience and hope itll be done for the end of August. Its personal opinion and you have to weigh up many things, what you want from the conversion, standard engine, big HP,rebuild, costs, distance, timescale. Its not a matter of technical ability most 5 tuners have been around a good long while,and probably done at least one conversion, its just which tuner best suits your cicumstances.

That oil filter is TINY. Why dont you paint the head too?

Looks good BRUN! I have pics of my B like that when it was built, make sure you keep it clean.

EP did my conversion, and Ive yet to see another Clio with a neater job done.

http://www.al004a2442.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/ClioEngine7.jpg

Ians been transplanting the 5 engine into cars since the year dot. Hes done a Renault Extra Van, a Twingo to name but two.. Hes in the process of making a Westfield style car powered by a 5 lump, that would have throttle bodies as well if memory serves!

Believe me theres nothing to worry about with Europarts, great bunch, great price and superb support after the conversion is done. Thats another reason I went for E.P, cos theyre only 40 miles away so if I ever have a problem (nothing yet, conversion has been done since start of March) Im not having to worry about a huge trailer bill getting the car back to em. :)

Its always going to happen that people will use different tuners and will always think the one they use is the best.

But in the war of the tidy bays I have to say Hollywood Hogans is a lot neater, and that is from seeing both in the flesh, but wait until mine is around ;)

can i just post, that it personal preference on where you take your car, i really cant stand the battle of who is best, they did this etc etc, i know some tuners have said detremental things about other tuners, but with all the tuners out there, we all take pride and care in our work, after all it is our livleyhood!

EPM, GDI,BB,K-tec,Redline MS, GT Tuning, A & J Tuning are all top companys, i have spoke with most of em regarding various things, esp BB and David Kirk,

Does it really matter if they do things diferently, ie lowe things are in a different place on your car than we would put them, but that is just it, IT IS DONE DIFERENTLY BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE, it doesnt make it better or worse!

so to end my rant can we just support fellow members/tuners and after all have fun doing it, cos that is what its suppose to be about aint it!

whos is next with the soapbox!

i have them,

i have sold the five. but the clio (which is demo no.2)is in the process of repaint,leather,tvs,PS2,throttle bodys,2.0 etc etc! should be a beauty and lots of fun!