ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My GTT Conversion

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

sweet whats the spoiler? so its gettign a willy lump with TBies then?

U can use my clio to make sure it will all work out ok if ur really want lol ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

i personally dont have a problem with any of the tuners, ive got no problem at all with torsion, the only thing i got pissed off about is that marcus keeps postin up about torsion every time a GTT conversion is mentioned....

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

torsion...

totally agree mate, there have been tuning companies sl*gging each other off for years now.... personally I have got seriously pissed off with it... (one particular tuning company turned their back on me when I went over to introduce myself..... at that point I stopped recomending them to others...) shame

at one point I even thought about going into a different trade...

I actually like to be able to recomend another company if we are too busy or they are closer or more experienced with a certain thing than we are...

Torsion since that post and the fact that you seem to have the same attitude as we do... nice one.... hopfully be able to put some work your way..

and vice versa andy! look forward to drinking beer with you at the next RTOC meet! we are arranging karting again soon, so you must come to that, last one was superb!

also dont think you will need any help, but if you need any info on the GTT convo, just gis a call matey!

lets go back to 60s and love one another lol!

the relationships always more fun when your just flirting. lol!

car, you must be lovely when drunk...torsion, we cant just call you torsion, sounds like a ripped wrestlers name!

you can mostly call me jon, or cheril at the weekend lol!

adams_16v, its taken me long enough to get this 2.0! they are rarer than a very rare thing, cant believe how hard it was finding one! but this one has only done 50k! am going to use roller throttle bodies on it though!

lol at ben, im not good when im drunk matey! some reason i keep falling over!

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 16 July 2003

i personally dont have a problem with any of the tuners, ive got no problem at all with torsion, the only thing i got pissed off about is that marcus keeps postin up about torsion every time a GTT conversion is mentioned....

How much of a personal flame!! I cant be arsed to flame you back, as I have said everyone likes to use a certain tuner as everyone likes to use a different deodarant if at all!!

I mention Torsion as they are both top blokes and I have learnt alot from both of them, the same as you will learn from Andy @ GDI.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by torsiontuning on 17 July 2003

adams_16v, its taken me long enough to get this 2.0! they are rarer than a very rare thing, cant believe how hard it was finding one! but this one has only done 50k! am going to use roller throttle bodies on it though!

Tell me about it, iv been looking for ages. found 2. one i bought with 38k on for £280 but it never turned up and the other was about £550 for a willy one and i aint payin that. oh well. i might have one in line but like u said they are bloody hard to get hold of......

Quote: Originally posted by torsiontuning on 17 July 2003

MADNESS!!!!!!!
i never fall over, i start drinking lying down........

Rollers bodies, have fun..........im not a fan of them, but hell.......at least your moving forward, not like others.

Must say, im very impressed by the attitude of both tuning companies here........

i tried drinking lying down, but............... its starts coming out of my nose after two pints! just had an idea though! A STRAW MIGHT BE THE ANSWER.

MK2 GTT has allready been done im afraid, could always 1.8 16v it! that aint been done yet!

havent costed up the roller bodies yet! that might be the deciding factor! my 2.0 is a 48,000 miler from a megane, and i am informed to use the megane head as the ports are smaller, thus keeping up the gas speed.Would like to go mad with cams, but i want low down grunt! should rev to about 8000 rpm though!

well, kinda a contradiction there!

8000rpm, no need if your wanting grunt.....youll just be wasting time sitting with the power falling off.

Megane head vs 7P head, indeed...........would be lovely to have both to test.

Why not (since your a tunning company and can afford it :p) get the meg head and cut down teh middle of each port for a crossection, look how much material you have to work with, then work both heads and test them back to back at the lifts your going to run. See which flows more.

The 7P design is good in the bowl area, great for slowing gas speed as it turns and enters the chanber, you could tig weld up the throat and reshape it, see if you cant come up with a definitive shape.

Ports too big though, depends where your going though. The 1.6 4AGE engine which is one of my faves came in a small port and a big port TVIS version. The big port is used in formula atlantic making 245-250bhp @11,000 rpm............but the small port is the more streetable head.

Up tp you, would love to spend some time looking it over in detail though.

i dont have that problem, i use a baby mug, with the heavy bottom so it wont fall over.........and one way valve!

technology is great.

ben, i would love to do the development work, comparing flow figures, and having a play, maybe look into waisted valves etc, but time is a serious issue, if i told you it took, 8 months to change the brakes suspenision and engine on the grey turbo clio! its nice beaing busy, but dont have time to play with my own toys!

karting in sept i rekon! anyone else wanting to come, check RTOC events page in a few weeks, then mail or pm ME!

yes, it would be lovely to do some serious research, design a decent valve shape as oversize valves arent very available nor cheap.

8 months!!!! what did you do!

Change to independant wishbones! lol

mate i just didnt get time to touch it! she just sat there stripped and begging for attention. (or was that me missus!)

think i will just up the CR a tad, clean up and smooth the throats. match ports, usual kind stuff! think 2.0 with cams and bodies will have enough power to be fun, if i want mental i can take out daves clio!

BTW think we should say sorry to BRUN for hijacking his thread! sorry.

Hey, hes getting a cheap conversion.............this is his development chat :p

how many staff do you have at TT?