ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno 182

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I hate to think what I've replaced on that saxo, theres a thread on saxperience for it. The list of things is about as long as my arm. I think the only original drive line component is the steering rack!

182 Cup
Lol, ours is pretty good to be fair, we use it for sprints and hill climbs, we're looking to upgrade to a Clio for next year though.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Whats the spec? Is that the posi blue 1.4 one?
Rough spec to mine:
s2 rallye j cammed 1600 8v, 4-2-1 and supersprint race section with scorpion imola (I kept the cat in)
s1 rallye gearbox
apex springs up front and shocks, spax adjustables at the rear, ds2500s and new oem discs all round
gti rear beam setup
half rollcage, cobra clubmans
PC'd 205 gti wheels with new GG 888s all round
plus a refresh of most the other drive components ie: arms and trackrods etc

182 Cup
Yeah it's a 1.4 furio, we've barely done much to it at all as we didn't really want to spend alot of money on it, it was just something to get us into motorsport with a view of getting something quicker after a couple years and eventually end up doing track racing somewhere down the line.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
More pics today after a wash and wax. Only crummy iphone pics though:

c24da353.jpg

c6ddd288.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Got bored tonight and thought what can I do? saxo has no new parts to fit so I looked on top of the cupboard and noticed a powerflex lower bush I ordered ages ago for the Clio. Was easy to fit however had to engage the brain as my vice didnt open wide enough - stilsons, old sockets and once bent vice handle later and the bushes were out.
Fitted it to the car from starting in about 30 minutes and makes a real difference! Shift is much more precise, theres slight vibration on idle but nothing I'd call excessive after reading threads on here and obviously this will settle down in time. Also it appears to have cured a "knock" I had going from rolling backwards to a stop when applying the brakes.
Time for a curry and beers now!

33e71d10.jpg

f8bfc8b9.jpg

80b85fae.jpg

572d356c.jpg

Will definitely be popping the equivalent on my saxo now, for the money the difference they make is great

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Changed the gearbox oil again today for the 3rd time in about 3 months! Was waiting for stock of total 75w80 as no where seems to stock it round here and I needed another litre of it. Wasnt happy with the comma stuff in there, but I've kept it as its only done circa 300 miles so its been stored into a clean container and I'll keep it for the track car

3a9bb7c6.jpg

One now oil filled 1980s stew pot:

bed37197.jpg

Now all thats left is to polybush and powerflex the saxo, then help my mate build up his Metro GTi VVC. Busy few days ahead!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
After powerflex bushing the saxo last friday, I came across another set of trophy dampers on fleabay, won them so off came the non-OEM cheapo dampers and on went the sachs gear. Really stiffened the rear of the car up, much more confidence inspiring when driving quickly I find plus they are a touch stiffer than cup spec dampers I believe.

Old dampers

57276eae.jpg

Sachs rears assembled with dust covers

cec10d75.jpg

Fitted

197b4be2.jpg

20855281.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Those cheapo damper were so easy to compress in comparison, should really have got them off sooner

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Unfortunately due to delays with brembo I havent been able to fit the discs I ordered as they havent arrived yet.

I've fitted a new revised design top mount, probably didnt need it as one of the brake disc securing screws fell out when I took the wheel off which was probably the cause of the "clack" when stopping in reverse but I thought I might as well renew the old stuff.

fc79a24a.jpg

new track rod ends - old ones werent too bad but might as well do it, only one pic of this sorry about the quality

f3d499f2.jpg

Bled up the brakes and replaced the old fluid with some Motul 5.1 fluid as used in my track saxo. The old stuff was well past it, probably original as it came out the colour of Real ale!

fc247e55.jpg

Easy enough to bleed up with one of these jobbies!

3cac6ef1.jpg

Hopefully I'll secure some brembos when people have them in stock then I'll be able to fit them along with new OEM pads.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Brembos came today from G172 - gotta say thats top customer service as I only paid for them yesteday about 3pm. I've just been out bedding them in and the brakes feel really sharp now with nice bite as I've put in new OEM pads too as well as the new fluid from the other day . Also tried the Mintex Ceratec brake pad lube instead of copper grease as it supposedly better over time and with higher temperatures:

33279920.jpg

All fitted

31b3ee13.jpg

c610c6d6.jpg

I also cut out some matt black vinyl for the bumper inserts as the originals were all cracked and falling off:

239f170e.jpg

4e92aabc.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Just keeping it in reasonable health to be honest, oil change is due soon. Maybe a damper refresh at some point or powerflex bushes but I'll see about that

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Bought some of these

2671015C-F115-4FAD-9AAC-0F46961D2D8D-6651-0000076BCB7F920F.jpg

Fitted them to the mounts after some fettling

2E67E798-BF0C-43D6-ADFC-A123C992B313-6651-0000076BDF3036BD.jpg

E3CDFD77-82B5-4E21-8552-A6765D1B87B3-6651-0000076BD961232A.jpg

Should hopefully make the exhaust look a little less like its drunk and last a bit longer - the standard ones had given up and the rubber spans had mostly snapped.

Also changed the front lambda sensor as I was only getting 25 mpg tops. Reset it and went for a quick blast and it seems to be hovering around the 33-35 mark now, just have to see how that goes.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Just had a new mot on this, no advisories too which is nice. Got them to do the tracking too as it was way out before

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Old gearbox mount was shagged as can be seen here, so I changed it. Kept dropping the bloody bolts from the mount itself, can be a pig if they drop down onto the subframe! Should be captive nuts but anyway its done now.

Old shagged one on the left:

DSCF1169.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Always a pain working on cars in the winter months, I always tell myself I wont do it as its too cold but then I end up out in the garage

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Just done the offside wishbone balljoint on this as it was looking crusty and wasn't as tight as I'd like. Hate doing ball joints on these though, saxo is so much easier!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
New thermostat and coolant went in today, nice and easy job. Now my gauge actually sits in the middle as it should. I tested the old stat and it didn't seem to be stuck open at all however but never the less it went in the bin

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Gave it a full clean yesterday, all the arches washed out with pressure washer and the lips cleaned with a toothbrush. Got it up on ramps and did the whole underside with the pressure washer. Then it rained so only one picture, but its nice to know all the road salt from the winter is off it

DSCF1272_zpsb91f3789.jpg

VTT

SaxoZcarK20RWD Sold
Feel like Im stalking you Gandi....
Love your AG 'R' on saxP and we must be the only two people on here, SaxP AND metro power! Lol.....

Loving this too. Keep up the good work!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Cheers mate, bit of an eclectic mix of forums we both use. What are you going for after the rwd saxo is sold?

VTT

SaxoZcarK20RWD Sold
Cheers mate, bit of an eclectic mix of forums we both use. What are you going for after the rwd saxo is sold?

LoL yeah eclectic is one word!!

Not sure tbh, I was edging towards a 172cup but I'd love another DC2.... It changes on an hourly basis! Lol

Inferno 182 & Saxo
[video=youtube_share;-910CsjJ6L4]http://youtu.be/-910CsjJ6L4[/video]

Just a quick pulling away shot of the exhaust as it was a nice day

Inferno 182 & Saxo
cheers mate! Funny you should say that about the camera..

[video=youtube_share;4p-Xs1HuNno]http://youtu.be/4p-Xs1HuNno[/video]

The purple van the followed me turned round and they picked the camera up before I could get back to it. Luckily I managed to chase them down and demanded the camera back off them - guess they didnt want reporting to the police as it was a works van.
company number ison the side of the van, not sure if anyone can read it but their reg is too. Am debating what to do about it as I did get the camera back but it was still attempted theft.

As if! It looks like they were going to take it when they drove past first time but couldn't reverse because of the silver van.

Glad you got it back, I can't really tell what the reg plate says though :(

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I can, got the HD video at home so i'll have a think.
Yeah they couldn't reverse due to the silver van. I thought it odd when the silver van came up the road and the blue one didnt, so shot back to find them driving away and the camera had gone. Glad they gave it back however without too much fuss, theiving knobheads!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
its the Scorpion SRN019, the single rear box one.

@imprezaworks - the camera was on the edge of a laybay on a small tripod. Its only a small camera so I'm not really sure how they spotted it, guess the passenger saw it as they were 3 up in the front

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Thanks guys, just glad they didn't put up a fight really as there was 3 of them and one of me but never the less it turned out ok. Next time I'm taking a camera minder!