ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my install!

133/225/CLS AMG
Looks smart mate, bet its loud as well!! :D

Not everyone on here will like it, but I think its pretty good. Only thing about the install is if the amps have enough ventilation to keep em cool, thats all.

clio campus sport woo hoo
my amps automaticly knock off :cool: new flip screen dvd player soon :cool: im pleased with it :cool:

172 coming soon
How on earth do the Amps not blow up..?

Have you fans feeding cold air around them?

Wiring is a mess too.. Should all be tidied up, and seperated, as static from the cables can cause the amps to do silly things, and distort the speakers..

2 x 12" boxes just threw into the boot of any car will never look right.. Go for a double box, or even spend the weekend and do something proper, as those are a couple of good subs, and deserve to be mounted right..

Could keep going, but I'll leave it at that :S

astra coupe on coilovers
the amps go off because there poo mate ;) only joking but thats not a good thing buy better subs mate

mk4 golf gt-tdi
Do your ears bleed alot?

friend ov mine has a system like that in a cup!!!! whats the point! TO HEAVY!!!!

Polo + Micra

Wiring is a mess too.. Should all be tidied up, and seperated, as static from the cables can cause the amps to do silly things, and distort the speakers..

2 x 12" boxes just threw into the boot of any car will never look right.. Go for a double box, or even spend the weekend and do something proper, as those are a couple of good subs, and deserve to be mounted right..

i'm confused as where static will come from:S

it's alright as an install goes(better than mine lol) but i wouldn't of got a power cap tbh

sorry it aint 2 yr standard lmfao do u av a install on ur cars?? if nt keep it shooosh :cool:

dont need fans there are in the amps if u knew abou alpine amps, wiring would have been tidyer if i had more room obv, so its not a good idea 2 have to singles so i can take one out if i need space rather than move 'your twin box' and then have no subs gr8 idea m8 :dead: , o ye build a custom box and i then have the same problem... keep going im interested ....:rasp:

Do your ears bleed alot?

friend ov mine has a system like that in a cup!!!! whats the point! TO HEAVY!!!!

point is i aint gt the engine so i had the audio insted as i cant get insurance on a 182 trophy not yet anyway:(

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

i'm confused as where static will come from:S

it's alright as an install goes(better than mine lol) but i wouldn't of got a power cap tbh

static makes the amps do silly things and distorts the speakers? how much static do you generate in the back of your car m8?! obviously got some type of power station to cause that to happen...

@ dink - Was in motorworld today lookin at a jbl competition sub (been on they're shelf for about a year now so they dropped the price from 600 to 150) anyway, i got told i "must have" 6 powercaps to run the sub... (its a 2500wrms sub btw) lol. i just smiled at the guy and then told him he was wrong, then he ran away lol.

I still think caps smooth out that initial kick of a bass note, but as your maths shows in another thread, they do nothing on a note lasting longer than 1 second lol.

as for the install... looks like a good job 2 me. Not sure what amps your running, havent looked that hard but if thy're monoblocks i dont see heat will be a problem. my mutant xxx's hardly even get warm... :thumbsup:

RS Clio 200
LOL mate, it doesnt matter if the amps have fans in them or not, if they are encasedand the air around them is getting hotter due to the amps anyway, then how are they gonna be cooled by internal fans when the air they are using is getting just as hot.

LOL

Its not a case of "you dont know abotu amps". Its common sense

sorry it aint 2 yr standard lmfao do u av a install on ur cars?? if nt keep it shooosh :cool:

dont need fans there are in the amps if u knew abou alpine amps, wiring would have been tidyer if i had more room obv, so its not a good idea 2 have to singles so i can take one out if i need space rather than move 'your twin box' and then have no subs gr8 idea m8 :dead: , o ye build a custom box and i then have the same problem... keep going im interested ....:rasp:

astra coupe on coilovers
jenko mate i was 17 when i bought my system re xxx v4= 600
celestra da4k= 570, pioneer avh p5700 = 600 i was only saying mate no need to take offence

172 coming soon

Im only after installing 2 MRD amps and 2 10" Type-X subs into the boot of an Audi A4, along with SPX components and a further Alpine amp, so i must have a slight clue about them, dont ya think?

When i suggested external fans, i knew exactly what i was saying.. The fans that are built into the amps are all well and good, providing the amp is free-mounted, not buried in a spare wheel well.. They are probably going to reach dangerous operating temperatures, which would cause them to cut out, go into safe mode, or just burn out if that were the occourance... Thats why you need to feed cool air to them from OUTSIDE the spare wheel well.. USE YOUR HEAD :dapprove:

As for the 2 single sub boxes, in MY opinion, they both look naff, and seem pretty pointless.. Your on about needing room in the boot.. Then why not use just 1 sub, as opposed to the 2, and make a permanent fixture for the remaining unit..? Would more than likely be better in SQ terms anyway, as there wouldnt be as much bass to drown the Mids and Highs up front..

And while we seem to be on the subject of advice... Whats with the dyslexic spelling? :quiet:

172 coming soon
To me, it looks more like Dyslexia...

And who gives a fcuk what you got in your GCSE...? You still dont know a thing about installs (which is quite obvious.. ha).

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ok... put the handbags and the umbrella's down! :clown:

Not a bad install, few hints;

• Make sure those sub-boxes are well-bolted down! An emergency stop may save the dog for 2 seconds while your sub flies past your head and squashes it!
  • Un-hook your boot-light as it's taking the "attention" away from your blue lights
  • Somehow vent your amps - they NEED to breathe!

"Navy" N17 TWO
his money, what he is asking is do people like it simple yes or no again one too many people have big opinions LOL

Very true!
Some of the above comments are a bit harsh :dapprove:

Liitle harmless hints won't go to waste, especialy where safety is concerned

1.8 Civic EX
I like it mate good job...are they propper Alpine boxes and cables?

I had 2 Apline type r's powered by a MRD-500 in seperate boxes all official alpine stuff..looked great and sounded mad!

(back in my Fiat GT days...)
Fiat4.jpg

RyansSounds.jpg

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
his money, what he is asking is do people like it simple yes or no again one too many people have big opinions LOL

Very true!
Some of the above comments are a bit harsh :dapprove:

Liitle harmless hints won't go to waste, especialy where safety is concerned

Some very harsh comments here, I think it looks pretty good. Its not something I would do I just have 1 amp and sub I like somewhere to put my workbag lol.