ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my internet is SO slow! help?

Z4
I'm currently with Orange, and it's absolutely dire.

I realise that all the companies will tell you the max speed you can get for that price, what I want to know is what the best ISP for my area....

My postcode is Nr13 4jf.

Is there any way of finding out? Cheers! Any help greatly appreciated

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You know there is a section called "Phones and Internet" on here right ?

Did you know orange do phones ?? have you tried telling them you are receiving slow service ? if it's the line then it wont matter who you go with !

Z4
You know there is a section called "Phones and Internet" on here right ?

Did you know orange do phones ?? have you tried telling them you are receiving slow service ? if it's the line then it wont matter who you go with !

i didn't realise that no! Faaar too many sub sections on this forum lol, I thought it was general chat, because...it is really.

As for speaking to orange, I'm pretty sure it's just the area I live in

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Have you tried doing a TRACERT to see if there's too many people on the same website you're on? That could be slowing it down?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Slow at loading webpages or downloading stuff, i'm only on 2mb and it's fine for web surfing.

Z4
Slow at loading webpages or downloading stuff, i'm only on 2mb and it's fine for web surfing.

Both really tbh, although downloading things isn't always too bad, streaming youtube etc is the worst! Did a speed test and got something like 0.3mb d/l speed lol.

I think talk talk is alright in my area, may have to try them :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm with tiscali (talk talk), i'm getting good d'load speed inbetween 3-4 mbs on ADSL but it's allways getting re conections and it's doing my nut in. im at the point now to change to o2 or Virgin

Polo (not quite a Clio)
I'm currently with Orange, and it's absolutely dire.

I realise that all the companies will tell you the max speed you can get for that price, what I want to know is what the best ISP for my area....

My postcode is Nr13 4jf.

Is there any way of finding out? Cheers! Any help greatly appreciated

If you have MSN, add us (sales [at] swbroadband.co.uk) and I'll be happy to help you diagnose the issue.

You're on a relatively small exchange - only serving approximately 4,800 properties; so it shouldn't be exchange issues. It's either a software related problem, router/modem related issue, cabling/micro-filter issue OR Orange at fault.

Ryan

Z4
If you have MSN, add us (sales [at] swbroadband.co.uk) and I'll be happy to help you diagnose the issue.

You're on a relatively small exchange - only serving approximately 4,800 properties; so it shouldn't be exchange issues. It's either a software related problem, router/modem related issue, cabling/micro-filter issue OR Orange at fault.

Ryan

I'll add you now, cheers