ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my iPhone 3G is drivng me insane, any help please?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello all,

My iPhone has been replaced time and time again by Apple. Its a 16GB 3G.

Anyways, the screen needed changing but they didnt have any in stock, so they said they will replace the phone! I said yes, they replaced, done.

Anyways, I had backed up my 3G on my iTunes, so i thought (like last time) it will be easy to restore from backup! Right click, restore, done.

It WONT RESTORE MY APPS!! It always has done in the past, but this time, it hasnt restored any of my apps and none of my 'ipod' stuff (podcasts etc).

WHY!?!?!?!

Its driving me round the bend. Tried restoring from my latest backup twice now (each time taking 6+ hours).

The firmware on the iPhone I made the backup from was 3.1.2. This new iPhone replacement 3G they have given me is running 3.1.3. Could this be the cause?? How can I get round this? I have paid for so many apps, and have about 200 apps in total that I need to get back.

Any help really appreciated, I know its just a phone but I run my whole damn life on this thing!

Cheers

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'm not too sure on your restore issues but if you download the apps again on your iPhone via AppStore you won't have to pay again. When you select 'buy', it'll pop up a message (can't remember if before or after asking for your password) saying you've already bought it so it's free.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Have you selected for it to sync apps and podcasts? As I presume you need to do that. Could be wrong though

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hey, yeah I know you can 'purchase' again, but going over it about 200 times isnt something I fancy, done that once before and it was killer.

ChrisH: I tried to check the sync boxes etc and it made no difference.

I have no idea whats gone on with this, but I am so damn p!ssed off. :(

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Maybe try unselect all on the apps tab, then select all, then apply and then sync. That's off the top of my head but that's how I've done something similar before.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Restore from backup, get all your data off the device then do another "Clean" restore.

Should solve your issue, but you'll need to put everything (photos, contacts etc) manually unless you use a cloud based sync (Mobile me/Google sync/neuvasync)