ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My K-Tec style induction set up

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Taken from my project thread:

Great update today.

First things first, off comes the passenger side wheel along with the arch liner. The acoustic valve then came off, bolt in the end of the lil hose, and tie everything up.

46B72E76-5877-4EC2-AA29-EBA0D806BD97-49413-00000C00692BBE0C.jpg

Next I went about removing the airbox and the two air feeds, replacing them with an 90 degree alloy bend and a Pipercross filter I bought from Regals Motorsport. I wasn't 100% sure whether the Pipercross would fit behind the headlight but as you can see it went in there easily with a little room to move around and position. I think the setup looks great in the bay.

D26C35CD-D158-4CE3-91AE-75D2C7D74860-49413-00000C006EDD9C07.jpg

C81A50AB-99E9-41EF-A3AB-DC994F831C2E-49413-00000C0073D3D9C7.jpg

0CA1A667-7FD5-485D-AD97-AFD04C7F6E96-49413-00000C007CA63257.jpg

E4A8BF0A-E667-45AB-9AE2-8C5B74E02C50-49413-00000C0081C31335.jpg

I've taken it for a quick drive and the sound is amazing!! Driving sensibly up to around 3.5k you cannot hear it at all but as soon as you open the taps it roars and puts a massive smile on my face. I'm really happy with this set up (some might say similar to the k-tec item) and it has cost me about £110 all in.

I'm very interested to see what you guys think?

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
This was the filter I was looking at. (Part number co171?) Looks nice next to the battery cover :)

How much do it cost?
The Pipercross was £41.99 delivered from Regals Motorsport: PIPERCROSS C0171 Universal Air Filter 70mm ID Rubber Neck

BG 182 FF
I did this only yesterday but personally i would have used a second silicone bend like this... IMG_0466.jpg

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
That looks great mate. I plan to get another silicone bend eventually - but I bought the Samco second hand and it came with the alloy bend so thought I would go with that for now.

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
Looks great Dan would like to know how this would compare to ktec setup after all the only difference is the alloy pipe. think I will also try this out have some hoses and pipes off ny old st which is think will fit.

BG 182 FF
oohh and the sound is pure sex... closest thing to itb i've heard and it seems to have smoothed out the power as well no more dips on hard acceleration

BG 182 FF
That looks great mate. I plan to get another silicone bend eventually - but I bought the Samco second hand and it came with the alloy bend so thought I would go with that for now.

yeah i wanted purple to go with my BG 182 but ktec wanted over 200 ! so thought id give it a go...

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
The sound from these is something else isn't it. It's going to be even harder not to plant the right foot now!

Flamer ph2 172
What difference does removing the Acustic valve make? As I have made my own to but Havant removed it? Do any management lights come on? Sorry for all the questions

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks really good that.

Like the purple hoses. Might see if I can get some orange ones for the bean.

BG 182 FF
Take it the hose was 2 separate hoses? If so do the sell the joining piece?

2x 90 degree with 120mm leg, 2x 75mm alloy joiner, 3x jubilee clips and a bit of slicing the first 90 degree hose to get the right angle and to shorten the leg ill get another picture up from another angle, and then a small hose coupler for the breather and clipped at the back of the engine bay

yeah they sell everything you need

Megane r26
2x 90 degree with 120mm leg, 2x 75mm alloy joiner, 3x jubilee clips and a bit of slicing the first 90 degree hose to get the right angle and to shorten the leg ill get another picture up from another angle, and then a small hose coupler for the breather and clipped at the back of the engine bay

yeah they sell everything you need

Sweet I'm on that, how much did it all come to? What's there http?

BG 182 FF
http://www.boostjunkies.co.uk

They don't sell 75mm alloy so i bought 150mm and cut it in half as it worked better that way, also the diameter is 70mm id for the hose and 70mm od for the joiner, and i used the same filter as the op from regal, i think it came to around 40 ? before filter so not a lot ! get the JS performance hoses as they do 2 brands and these are the better after a discussion with the bloke from boost junkies !

any questions just ask! ohh and they sent it all out special delivery before 1pm... cant argue with that !

What difference does removing the Acustic valve make? As I have made my own to but Havant removed it? Do any management lights come on? Sorry for all the questions

You don't need to remove the actual acoustic valve, just the upper cold air feed part that goes into the side of your airbox

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have any individule pictures of all the parts you usd before you put them all together?
if so that would be ideal, also a guide would be a great idea. Alot of people are wanting this set up but arnt prepared to pay the Ktec price. This looks like a fantastic alternative.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I don't have a pic of all the items separately but it is very simple. I used the following:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2410&appid=2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-Degree...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item25680116ef

http://www.regals-motorsport.co.uk/...sal-air-filter-70mm-id-rubber-neck-c0171.html

Together with some 70-90mm jubilee clips. The alloy bend needs a 70mm OD to fit the Samco and Pipercross. A much cheaper silicone bend could be used than the Samco but I wanted one with the breather pipe built in.

Clio 197 Cup
  BG 182 FF
For those of you have been asking me for a detailed list of parts and a how to here goes!

All parts bar the filter are from www.boostjunkies.co.uk

- 2x 90 Degree Silicone (Internal Diameter 70mm) JS Performance hoses - Here
- 1x Alloy (70mm Outer Diameter) 150mm in length - Here
- 3x Jubilee clips (I bought a pack of 10) - Here

This comes to £47.50 before postage in whatever colour you pick !

You have to cut the first silicone bend down on one leg as it is to long, I did this by putting a jubilee clip round and then running a new Stanley knife around the jubilee clip to leave a perfect edge.

The next thing you have to do is take the 150mm Alloy joiner, measure halfway along (75mm) and then mark and cut using a hacksaw or pipe cutter which is preferable as it leaves a better edge, if not just file it down to create a smooth edge so it doesn't damage the silicone hose.

Then place half of the silicone pipe in one of the 90 degree bends and then insert that into the other bend to create the S shape, at the filter end of the pipe insert the other half of the 150mm joiner that you cut and attach a filter of your choice, I used the co177 Pipercross filter from regal motorsports as did the OP.

Then slide over the center jubilee clip ensuring it is half and half over the join, adjust the angle of the hoses to your desired fitment and then remove and tighten so the screw for the jubilee is on the underside of the hose.

This bit is worth a note ensure that you have slid over the jubilee only just loose enough to adjust for the throttle body end before you place it over as it can bee quite tight to get it between them so saves alot of tightening when its just one twist and your done!..

To attach the filter I approached it from the right of the battery tray so I didn't damage the filter and then obviously bolted it up.

Finally i loosened off the battery and slid it against the hose/jubilee clip as you can see in the image bellow and tightened it up to prevent movement of the hose and filter when accelerating.

Any Questions just send me a pm and ill do my best to answer :)

Cheers Ben

IMG_0466.jpgIMG_0467_2.jpgScreen Shot 2012-12-16 at 16.48.26.pngScreen Shot 2012-12-16 at 16.49.04.pngScreen Shot 2012-12-16 at 17.14.25.png

Clio 197 225 f1
Some one should sticky that post, its far cheaper and probably equal power gains compared to other premade inductions.

Its written on here so many times how to make one!

My new car has the ktec one on it (previously Clio I made my own) the ktec one does sound pretty mental.

I considered taking it off and selling it and making my own, seems a tad pointless.

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Why are people removing cold air feeds for the new filter? Surely more cold air = better performance ?

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
The existing standard cold air feeds won't fit properly to direct air into the new filter, not without some modification anyway.

If you have a look through the bumper from the front, next to the passenger headlight on the left, you can see a channel that directs cold air directly in to the area behind the head light where the new filter has been placed.

You could also put new cold air feeds in from under the filter where one of the standards used to go. Some people even remove the fog light and use this as an intake.

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Was thinking off doing the same sort of thing guys. Do I need to remove the Aoustic valve and air feed pipes etc? Also I've ordered a racing blue engine cover which colour of silicone pipe should I use? Will blue again be to much ? Cheers

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
You don't have to remove the acoustic valve, but you will need to remove the existing cold air feeds as they will be in the way. Removing the acoustic valve didn't take long and you might as well as you will have no use for it with this set up - you could also put your own cold air feed in where the acoustic valve currently sits.

Some one should sticky that post, its far cheaper and probably equal power gains compared to other premade inductions.

Agreed. I made mine for £36 lol. Granted it's nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing as some of the examples in this thread but it does exactly the same job. My car made a healthy figure on EFI's RR with it fitted too.

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Can this be done with 2x 70mmx100mm alloy joiners instead of cutting a 150mm one ? Steve

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
This thread makes me want to actually make an intake myself.

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
I know I was all for putting a standard airbox back and seen this... Now that's me, will av to do it! :)