ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My latest shed project. 306 Rallye.

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers buddy. Had it ages, just tucked in the corner of the garage.

It's a god-send tbh! Apart from the cheapy impact gun and a 13mm ratchet spanner, it's the best money I've spent on tools.

Oh. And it spent a few weeks at Cub's sticking the lump in his shed.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'd rather be bummed by a man than do another clutch change on it tbh.

Lining that gearbox up is impossible on the floor. You need 8 arms, all the strength of Popeye's FFS.

Box is the size of a 3 bed semi!

Did my 1.8 a few years back, what a c**t!

330i. E30 Touring.
Nice that it doesn't have a full to the front subframe, so it comes out easily.

Getting it back in though, makes a Clio look easy.

clio 182 sport
2012-09-04 18.40.15.jpg
here's a pic of 1 of my rallye's I had ,loved this one I had,wish I kept it ;-)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Bit of an update on this one:

Treated her to a new clutch, cambelt, wishbones, drop links, gearbox oil. New driveshaft on one side too. Oh, and some new rubber. T1R's l round until the summer when she might get something a bit more focussed.

No on Eibach Prolines and with dS2500's.

Work in progress:

View attachment 124794
View attachment 124795

Drives a million times better. Actually loving it.

Then yesterday gave her a quick once over with the rotary. Failsport style.

View attachment 124796
View attachment 124797

Definition of nice from afar, but far from nice. <3

Black wheels will be painted next. As soon as the weather improves.

It really isn't an engine out job on these. You don't even have to drop the sub frame. the box drops out the bottom nice and simple.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, box came out lovely.

Tried for four hours to line the box back up to get it on, just couldn't slide it up.

As the cambelt was being done too, for an extra half hour's work, might as well have just popped the lot out?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Love these, wish at some point I bought one.

They really are one of if not the best hot hatch of the 90's. I've had a 1994 S16 and a 2001 GTI-6 (as well as some d-turbo's). Such a capable car. Never had a Rallye though. Would love one again, but not sure I could do 'french' again!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Yep, box came out lovely.

Tried for four hours to line the box back up to get it on, just couldn't slide it up.

As the cambelt was being done too, for an extra half hour's work, might as well have just popped the lot out?

I missed the bit about the belts - yep fair enough, makes sense to lift it out in that case!

I did the clutch twice on my GTI-6 - and the second time it only took 4 hours start to finish on my own with nothing but basic hand tools, once you know what you're doing they are lovely and simple to work on.

I do remember trying to get the box back on the first time though - same as you, took me hours. I think the second time round it was more just blind luck than skill that it went in first time.

White is the heroic choice. I personally dislike the red ones.

I need some silver cyclones for mine so keep an eye out for me.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
If I wave enough pound notes at you I bet you would re think :)

Lol had it 6 months now, and haven't considered selling seriously.

It's a decent little shed tbh. Worth more on the driveway than it is in my back pocket tbh.

Sold my set yesterday. Lol.

Mine are going grey this weekend...

That's typical! I do have a black set kicking around, I just CBA to refurb and fit tyres to them when I can probably find a half decent set of silver ones kicking around ready to chuck straight on.

Saying that - now the winter has gone I can probably keep the TD 1.2s clean. It's just they are white, which on a white car I don't think I can live with.

Had a 1.6 306 for the first few years when I passed (only bigger engine car I could find with cheap insurance), really fun car imo.#

Doesn't quite compare to a Rallye or GTI-6, but still :).

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Had a 1.6 306 for the first few years when I passed (only bigger engine car I could find with cheap insurance), really fun car imo.#

Doesn't quite compare to a Rallye or GTI-6, but still :smile:.

I had a 309 1.6 for exactly the same reason - it was the only car bigger than a 1.2 that I could get insurance on. Loved that car too. Peugeot 309 1.6 SR in met grey, basically the same lump as the 205 GTI but on single point injection instead of multi if I remember rightly. It even had the same interior as the 205 GTI, red carpets, bucket seats etc.

306 1.6 XR was my first car at 17. I thought it was nippy enough compared to what my friends drove until I bought a GTi6 and then went back to driving the 1.6 for the last time. My word the thing was slow to wind up. Could change a CD whilst the revs rose for the following gear.