ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My local dealer starts their own RS owners club - FAO Day, fUbAr etc

Just got home to a flyer from my local dealer titled "Westover launch Renault Sport Owners Club".

So, my local dealership is starting it's own club it seems. Apparently Gareth from the dealership is a member of the Renault Sport Owners Club (is that the renaultsport forum?), perhaps he's on here too? As he owns an arctic 182.

Apparently they will offer 20% discount on parts and labour to all members with Renaultsports. So at least we won't have to pay as much for them to bugger up our cars. :D

And they're going to start track days at Combe and Goodwood too.

A good thing to see is that they have a advert for Elf 5W40 oil on the flyer, so at least they know what oil to put in, unlike many dealers.

Well, I'm going to join up, worth a punt.

Send an email to gareth with your details. If anyone wants the details, PM me, and I'll send them as I don't want to put them up on the forum incase they are abused etc.

It would still be a heck of a lot cheaper to go to Rentech or Carlton if you live down this way, we aren't exactly limited by choice.

Westover wanted to charge me for a Air-Con service when I had my Cup and took it in there ;)

Track-days would be interesting though, always wondered why Platinum Renault never sorted out anything like this out with Castle Combe as they had some sort of deal/agreement with them last season anyway.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
LOL PMSL at the Cup aircon service! Don't tell me the ABS had developed a fault.

Yeah, I mean why would all those people who had the optional climate on later cups , or who own 182 cups want it serviced :p

It'll only be for people in the area I'd imagine, hence FAO Day and crew.

Ukaskew, I hear you, and I will continue going to Rentech, but there are times when I have needed the odd part to fit myself, or my car won't make it the 75 miles, like my dodgy brakes on my 172, they came and got it as it's only 8 miles away, and times like that 20% is better than a kick in the crotch.

I'm banned from westover.

I'd not even go there to return all their junk mail they still send me lol

Can get parts direct from the same place as they do via Rentech with the same discounts. Mike tends to ring you when the part is in too.

Last edited:
PMSL, fair enough.

I find the Blandford branch excellent. The Salisbury one's a joke. Sold me a 182 without the tyre foam and after many calls, still never got any and had to buy my own.

I'd not even go there to return all their junk mail they still send me lol

Ah it's not just me then! I still get service reminders and flyers from them despite informing them I don't own a Renault anymore.

I never even used Westover thinking about it, it was still Olympian.

just seen this thread.

20% off sounds good... as do the trackdays. In fact, walking into Westover and not having to explain what a "clio 182" is sounds awsome!

who do I speak to about signing up for my discount?