ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Lotus Metro Truck

Clio 1.2/Lotus Metro
Thought I would post up my other project which is diverting my money from the clio :)

been working on this for a while in my spare time although ive lost my workshop space for a few months. Hoping to crack on with it when its out of the container its currently sat in.

metropickup002.jpgmetropickup003.jpgmetropickup006.jpg

metro003.jpgmetro009.jpgmetro010.jpg
metro001.jpglawnmower002.jpglawnmower001.jpg

Metro004.jpgMetro017.jpglexus 010.jpglexus 011.jpg
pencil.png

AGH the sl*g
this is going to be one epic machine IF done correctly, but your on the right tracks bud, keep it up:approve:

Clio 1.2/Lotus Metro
At the minute the its fitted with the 1.8 k series, which im planning on turboing :) im still considering weather to fit the engine in the rear and make it rear wheel drive

Its also fitted with 304mm MGTF Trophy, AP racing 4 pots, im gutted that i can't work on it at the minute, so ill be putting in overtime when its in the workshop

It will be 100% road legal, although ill probably use it more in the summer as ive ripped out the heaters and anything else considered a luxury :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used to think you were ok.

Well i've never liked you....

I just prefer the oem+ look tbh. Making stuff RWD thats been built as a FWD just doesn't float my boat i'm afraid.

I'll get my coat...

Clio 1.2/Lotus Metro
Im considering keeping it FWD for the minute just because it will be easier to finish, then who knows might put an engine in the rear and make it 4wd lol :)

The other pick-up i saw which id love it this one
!B29BGL!BGk~$(KGrHqUOKn!E)6ommGUSBMkeMl8L4!~~_12.jpg!B29BG+wEGk~$(KGrHqMOKjkEyO9WzuF,BMkeMqKBBw~~_12.jpg

2.2 bar shed.
Mmm, Turbo'ing the K is a series of hurdles and minefields. I wish you luck speaking from experience here.

Dont listen to Daniel, make it Rwd !!

MGF/TF subframe in the rear, Bob's your Auntie. Dont bother with a turbo, way too much hassle. N/A k much better imo.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Mmm, Turbo'ing the K is a series of hurdles and minefields. I wish you luck speaking from experience here.

Mainly owing to the fact they like to go pop in their N/A state, let alone with a blower bolted to it!

This is a thread filled with potential awesome WIN.