ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Lotus Metro Truck

2.2 bar shed.
Still trying to fathom what's lotus about it? And don't say the K series is.

Of course the K series is...

Mainly owing to the fact they like to go pop in their N/A state, let alone with a blower bolted to it!

This is a thread filled with potential awesome WIN.

Thats not the problem at all, its more to do with the liners etc.

2.2 bar shed.
Hardly makes it anything Lotus though really, does it. I could stick a 2JZ in my 200sx, doesn't make it a Toyota.

Sarcasm etc. You know my opinion on the matter of the VHPD engine. Its a pile of shite bar the head, which with some decent headwork you can get a 143/160 head to perform the same.

Clio 1.2/Lotus Metro
I admit its not a lotus and that they only share engines :)

The K series is awkward engine to deal with namely head gaskets, but i happy to have a go at using a turbo, mainly because im not bothered about blowing the engine up not as if its my daily runner.
Ive been looking into the idea of putting the MGF subframe in the back, just have to wait till I can get back on it to decide what to do.

Clio 1.2/Lotus Metro
Its a good job there quite easy to work on ive had at least 10 K-series metros and a few 200's with them too. I love them :)

Turbos.
What engine have you got then? Cheapest thing to do is surely get an MGF VVC engine, then you have a reasonable amount of power. Has anyone done a turbo conversion before? I know there is a supercharger kit out there, as i've seen one on an Elise.

2.2 bar shed.
What engine have you got then? Cheapest thing to do is surely get an MGF VVC engine, then you have a reasonable amount of power. Has anyone done a turbo conversion before? I know there is a supercharger kit out there, as i've seen one on an Elise.

Turbo Technics did the supercharger conversions, not many were sold though due to the huge cost. Most effective way to turbocharge a K is to buy a written off ZT/75 with the 1.8T engine already. Slap a VVC head on and map it properly and you'll have an interesting engine. Past that youve gotta look at replacing pistons to go past 190bhp, then a more effective banded liner or something like the Scholar Evo blocks be it the 2 or 4.

Eurgh, its a minefield.