ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My LY R27 #57

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
Well after a 2 hour drive to Stockport, I arrived at the dealers to see my car for the first time. The colour looks absolutely stunning in the flesh, it's a pearl effect and changes shade slightly depending how the light catches it.

The car had only 9 miles on it, which I am pleased about. Now has just over 100 on it.

The Recaros are amazing, if just a little bit hard after a while, but do what they are supposed to and hold you in place. There are even harness mounting points on the rear bench built in ready. Oh and they look stunning too.

Obviously, I haven't seen what the engine is capable of yet, it's not seen more than 3500rpm and won't do for another 500 miles or so. Although there seems to be plenty of poke there. The exhaust note is lovely too, and it is going to sound brilliant when shes opened up.

Handling wise, again, haven't really tried it out because I need more revs. But it seems to corner perfectly flat with no body roll whatsoever. The ride is fantastic, a lot more supple than the old VTS, thats for sure. Its firm, but not crashy, and rides over lumps and bumps with ease, and its lovely not to hear the little knocks and squeaks I had grown use to with the VTS.

I love all the little toys too. The speed limiter is ever so good, especially when in those average speed check zones, which there were a few of on the way back. However it does feel a little strange, you can push your foot to the floor but it will not go any faster. Its like hitting a wall.
The self levelleing xenons are very cool aswell.
Plus, it all seems very well screwed together, which is nice and a little odd for something french.

I haven't stopped grinning since I set eyes on it this morning, and I absolutely love it.

Haven't had time to take any decent pics yet, but will do over the weekend. We did stop on the Pennines on the way back, but the bloody camera batteries were flat.

Heres a few I have taken since getting back though.

Cheers

cliof1001.jpg

cliof1003.jpg

cliof1004.jpg

cliof1006.jpg

cliof1008.jpg

r27005.jpg

Less
top pics, top car, shame about the colour.... really forced myself to go off the colour as i was going to order a LY one

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Tell you what that is a sexy car. Absolutely loving those recaro seats!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'm not a big fan of the 197 (yet;) ) but i do love the look of the r27 especially in yellow:rasp:

good choice, i bet u'll have fun in it (after u have ran it in properly:D )

M135i
oooo car p**n!! love it in liquid! ive had hold of a R27 for the last few months. it had 2.5k by the time it was sold. i can tell you that it'll open up loads and the exhaust note is rather addictive. i didnt need the radio on when ive been driving it! :) the handling is out of this world!

RS 200
Very nice motor, wait till it starts loosening up abit too :race:

I know what you mean about the exhaust note, found myself turning the radio down just the hear that noise clearer. ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My 197 has done 3000 miles now, it sounds bloody brilliant and goes like a train too.

Mine looks sheeite compared to that though! That looks bloody brilliant!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice, love the 197. They do sound well as a standard car, just right :)

Really nice mate, The xenons and Recaro's look awesome! :) Its gonna be a hand full when you've finally run it in ;)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
looks really nice that does nice one.

i also love how the recaros are so thin they look quility

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Do they do those seats in half leather yet? I mind sittin in them at the autosport show! Stunnin!

clio172
that car is naughty, i just want to spank it. Bet you cant wait to start taking out the chavs at the lights in that! lol

Car looks great mate. I nearly had the one from stockport, but the missus when she saw the colour said NO.

I loved it though

Enjoy it mate

ST
All this running in business some of you lads are talking about...

Was i the only one who cained the life out of their brand new Renault Sport from day one??

I drove this very spec car today, The ride is a little bit harder than the standard 197 but not so much to make the car uncomfortable. The recaro seats while looking great did not feel comfortable and felt to tight, My 197 was driven on the same road behind me while I was in the R27 and there was nothing to separate us on a very twisty B road. Would I spend the extra for the liquid yellow and suspension etc the simple answer is no.