ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates 5.0 V8 Sierra...

Swift Sport
Well, it's finally on the road...

9f753f48abe811e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

It's getting painted very soon in gunmetal grey, there's a couple of things he wants to change/adjust but it's running sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Swift Sport
Man I need something like this in my life.

Expensive conversion? (part wise)

The main problem is finding a Mustang engine, I'm led to believe they're quite rare and expensive. Most people use the 4.0 Rover lump, but it's not as brutal.

Megane r26
The main problem is finding a Mustang engine, I'm led to believe they're quite rare and expensive. Most people use the 4.0 Rover lump, but it's not as brutal.

Sounds awesome what sort of figures is it running? tbh, i'd probably use a Chevy LS lump cause at the minute they seen to be readily available but that would push the cost up no doubt. One of me best mates Richard is currently building a vauxhall viva running a Chevy LS lump with a vortex supercharger, hoping for around 650 HP he's building it to run in the bdc

Swift Sport
Sounds awesome what sort of figures is it running? tbh, i'd probably use a Chevy LS lump cause at the minute they seen to be readily available but that would push the cost up no doubt. One of me best mates Richard is currently building a vauxhall viva running a Chevy LS lump with a vortex supercharger, hoping for around 650 HP he's building it to run in the bdc

It's roughly 230-250bhp I think. Funny you mention the LS V8 as that's his inspiration for his next project... He wants to build a Mazda RX-8 with an LS lump :)

Any pics of the Viva??

04 Monaco Blue 172
awesome car, sounds like it should have so much more bhp though :(

needs a cossie spoiler on it too to finish it

car p**n at its best though hats off

Megane r26
It's roughly 230-250bhp I think. Funny you mention the LS V8 as that's his inspiration for his next project... He wants to build a Mazda RX-8 with an LS lump :)

Any pics of the Viva??

IMG-20120505-00311.jpg

Heres the viva, its the only pic i've got on me phone but its half decent haha, he brought it as a full car, stripped it, had it blasted an has etch primed it. He's running a 200sx rear end fully polybushed an not sure what diff he's running. Custom front subframe with his own designed an built twin wisbone suspension (all rose jointed). An then rear mounted radiator.

IMG-20120505-00312.jpg

Heres what he used to race (this one is actually his brothers). Space framed fibreglass bodied pick ups running 2.0ltr ford duratec's on jenveys. Not sure on the spec but there 300bhp n/a. He's building the viva to run in the bdc but for the last 18months or so he's been running an old e36 328 in the odc an has pretty much been cleaning up at every event.

Swift Sport
awesome car, sounds like it should have so much more bhp though :(

needs a cossie spoiler on it too to finish it

car p**n at its best though hats off

It had the spoiler but he removed it as he got tired of people thinking it was a Cosworth.

230bhp from a 5.0 V8?

I wouldnt have bothered!

It's getting twin-turbo'd though.

IMG-20120505-00311.jpg

Heres the viva, its the only pic i've got on me phone but its half decent haha, he brought it as a full car, stripped it, had it blasted an has etch primed it. He's running a 200sx rear end fully polybushed an not sure what diff he's running. Custom front subframe with his own designed an built twin wisbone suspension (all rose jointed). An then rear mounted radiator.

IMG-20120505-00312.jpg

Heres what he used to race (this one is actually his brothers). Space framed fibreglass bodied pick ups running 2.0ltr ford duratec's on jenveys. Not sure on the spec but there 300bhp n/a. He's building the viva to run in the bdc but for the last 18months or so he's been running an old e36 328 in the odc an has pretty much been cleaning up at every event.

I love it, can't wait to see the finished product!

Megane r26
tbh that was bout a month ago since i've bin up his workshop but its like alladin's cave, he's got all sorts there including a rolling road lol. I'll get a few more pic's but from what he's said to me its came on alot more since that. He's currentlly taking moulds to make his own fibre glass panels.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Love it!

Glad the Cossie spoiler was removed, would not have been as cool, keep the spoiler for the real deal.