ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MCS

Well the Ph1's gone as i needed something more comfortable (and reliable). So i picked this up this morning :

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

It's only done 46k with FSH, it's got full leather, heated seats, heated screen, climate, cruise, sat nav, Harmon Kardon stereo, Alta air intake and a remap.

Had a good drive in it today, really liking it so far.

Not got any big plans to mod it really, apart from being able to plug my iPhone into the stereo

14' Leon Cupra 280
Very nice spec! I'm seriously looking into one now. I've been given an 04 MCS (86k) to try over this weekend and I'm loving it! Not a rattle or noise in a 7 year old car.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Get a stainless custom exhaust on it.. friend had his done at Powerspeed in Ashford a couple of years back.

Sounds AMAZING !!! I love driving it. He's only in Swanscombe if you wanna hear it !

182FF
Went from a 172cup to an 03 MCS not had it longer than six months spent over 1.5k in mods! Hairdressers car my arse.

Probably should of gone for something newer than 04 if you were looking for relability!

££££ if the seals on the PAS pump go and flood the steering rack. The facelift generally was more reliable.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im sure it goes and sounds well, but imo looks girly as f**k in its current form.

Tangoed Works
Comfort easily sorted buy getting some proper non runflat tyres and long travel coilovers such as AP's or KW's

Don't get springs it will make the ride worse. Awesome colour btw!

182FF
Didnt really buy the car with comfort in mind tbh lol why would you buy any quick hatch with comfort in mind?

I think I'd rather do a long trip in the Mini than the Ph1. I found the Clio quite noisy on the motorway, plus the fact there's cruise control on the Mini. I do agree it's not the most comfortable car i could have bought but i've always liked them and i'd probably end up switching cars within a few months if I'd bought something boring.

The people who have suggested mods, don't tempt me. I had to wait all week to pick the car up so i've been looking at pulleys already. I'm determined to not start modding it though, I've spent enough on my Ph2 and i'd still like to put a full cage in it at some point next year.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd drive the clio just due to the scary mpg from a mcs. I'd swear an evo would be cheaper to run..lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well its under warrenty so it'll go into mini. I thought it was the norm as pretty much every thread i've seen on the R53 cooper S's say they average around 26-28mpg.

You are having a laugh at 38mpg in a supercharged one though. Maybe the turbo's..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
lol dont know what thats meant to mean? its called driving carefully lol

Ok then. ;) We'll agree to disagree. Its certainly not what i've found in a year of having one. Or just about every other person i know who's had one. I'll take it to mini and see what they say.

IMAG0434.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

Okay so I don't get branded a liar, over the last 228.1 miles I have averaged 38.1. And that's gone from 39.8 or something!

Hope your trip to BMW isn't too expensive.