ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MK2 Fiesta 2.1 Zetec turbo project

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Just copied this from the XR site that im also on.

Cheers for looking

Scott

After stripping my 45,000 XR and finding the usual areas of rust i decided to try and find a good solid shell.
The shell was not that bad but i did not want to be spending weeks and weeks welding it up and wanted a good solid base to start with.

The XR going
IMAG0680_zpse8287366.gif

This is the shell i bought :)
IMAG0579.gif

IMAG0576.gif

IMAG0585.gif

IMAG0582.gif

IMAG0586.gif

My plans where to remove all of the seem sealant and paint from the inner wings to see if there was any signs of rust starting to show as the inner wings looked mint, then to seem weld the areas.
It also looked like the drivers wing had been replaced at some point and there was filler between the front panel and wing joint, crash damage maybe????
So both wings and a new front panel where ordered, i also wanted to remove the battery tray and raise up the bit of inner wing that it sat on so the N/S tyre didn't rub

IMAG0590.gif

IMAG0617.gif

So the battery tray was removed to find this
IMAG0776.gif

IMAG0778.gif

I cut out the battery tray and made up a repair panel
IMAG0784.gif

Tacked welded it in.
IMAG0786.gif

Then welded it up and finished it off, top and a underside picts
IMAG0805.gif

IMAG0814.gif

IMAG0812.gif

Next was seem welding the engine bay and removing the underseal and from the inner wings. once done it was painted in Bonda primer and all seems where re-sealed

IMAG0614.gif

IMAG0771.gif

IMAG0774.gif

IMAG0887.gif

IMAG0879.gif

So far the front panel is welded on but both wings still need fitting, i have not done anything on the car for at least 6 months now as i was going to put it up for sale as just the shell or with the bits from the XR i broke up.
I have this as well which ive owned for 3 years, i love it and it ticks many boxes but i also love working and building the Fiesta to the spec that i want so im going to keep it and crack on!! :D

IMAG0379.jpg

Engine wise i was going to have built 2.0l zetec slivertop and use GSX-R 1000 TB and the ST170 inlet manifold but now i want to go 2.1 Zetec turbo

IMAG1055_zps8fa3e39d.gif

Well after the car sitting under its cover for about 6 months i thought id take it off and see what needs/if it had gotten any worse.
I just need to finish off the engine bay and then both front wings can be welded on, there is also a small bit in the boot that needs attention.

Im now going 2.1l zetec turbo, once the welding work is done then the engine bay can be painted and the engine build can start.

IMAG0437_zpsb9483c5c.gif

IMAG0443_zpsdbb61e25.gif

IMAG0440_zps118534d7.gif

IMAG0441_zps62f6204e.gif

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers mate, yes im going to carry on with it as there's only so much cleaning i can do on the PH1 which will be getting sold.

The Fiesta gives me something to do and i enjoy the building side tbh. :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
They will be Queing up to buy your ph1 when they get wind your selling lol