ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk2 ph1 clio...ideas please :)

Clio Mk2 Ph1
hi all....new to this site and looking for some expert ideas for my car :)

I've had the car for 2 years now..for the first couple of months i just drove it around as i bought it; slight front end damage (where some one had previosly tried to fix the wing - unsuccesfully :dapprove:) then six months in I finally gave in and got some bk racing alloys.

Then tinted the 2 rear windows, I'm still waiting to find some one who can do the rear window as it was a failure first time round :(

Recently bought a new front wing and had both wings re - sprayed and the front grill/bonnet touched up and new headlight...£400 later..its starting to look a lil lush :)

Although im now at the stage where im wanting to do more....im thinking in mind..

lowering..
possibly new alloys..
back box...
colour code the bumpers and door strips..

just thinking what people thought would be the best order to do these??

ooooh and there are pictures...im just not sure how to upload em :eek: help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks for reading

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hello mate and welcome to the club.

I had a mk2 ph1 non sport before getting my 172, here's a few pics of what I did to it and a rough list:

Shoter aerial
Sport interior (seats and door cards)
Ph2 rear lights
Dual optic front lights
Fog lights fitted
Ph2 rear bumper
Ph2 "dyanmique" spoiler colour coded
Ph2 172 16" alloy wheels.
Lowered 60mm on Apex springs

1.jpg

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

Hope that helps a bit.

Clio Mk2 Ph1
thank you :)

yeh that gives me a good idea of what to think about doing :) its just getting the right level - i want it too look good..but not chavvy if you know what i mean? Wanna be a proper girl racer!

Clio Mk2 Ph1
So with a little help..i think we may have the uploading of pics sorted :)
Here are some pics of the car shortly after i brought it (apart from the alloys - which is the first change that i made)

clio.jpg

clio4.jpg

clio5.jpg

clio3.jpg

In the first pic you can see the body damage from a previous owner..just above the right headlight. I have recently had that all sorted..brought a new wing n headlight and had that resprayed along with the other wing and the bonnet touched up.
Also tinted the 2 rear windows.

clio8.jpg

There are more pics to follow. Have to get round to taking them when its not raining =/

Clio 182
Hello Nom :D, guess who :rasp: hehe!?!

I second the above list, Ph2 rear lights are a deffo and they will freshen the arse up a lot!! Then I'd look at lowering, if you want alloys try and source OEM alloys, look a lot better imo :).

Clio Mk2 Ph1
hey graham :) ta for the in put - much appreciated lol

yeah im liking the idea of the rear lights...ive been thinking about them for a while now. Ordered some new plates through my bro yesterday as the current ones are looking a lil worse for wear..should be hear soon. Umm thinking the next purchase will be the lights :) ooooh would u reccomend k-tec or somewhere else for the lights?

have you got a link for the OEM alloys? i typed into google but there were looooads =/

Clio 182
eBay, Sutt's Auto or Clio Spares for the rear lights :), the latter two can be PM'd off here, though you'll need to subscribe to see the Trader's Board.

There's also a Classified Board, but again, you'll need to subscribe!!

Same goes really for the alloys!!

renault clio phase 1
get some clio phase 2 lights, none of those lexus lights.

and definately some clio alloys with possibly a refurb.

?maybe of a later model? in anthracite :)

aftermarket ones look cheap and tacky...

lower it at least 60mm if not more :)

de-wiper the rear :)

Listerine & Poledo
it all depends itr you want to be able to sell the car on after all the mods are done, and if you're hoping that doing the work will stem the depreciation?

If no to both, do all the above and to hell with the costs, otherwise, just sit on the money and save it for a car designed to be faster/smoother/whatever you're looking for

2001 1.2 Clio
Clear indicators,
Lowered 40mm,
Fog lights,
Ph2 rear lights

I have fog lights for sale on ebay if you want me to send you the link and ive rear lowering springs here for sale also?

Clio Mk2 Ph1
Clear indicators,
Lowered 40mm,
Fog lights,
Ph2 rear lights

I have fog lights for sale on ebay if you want me to send you the link and ive rear lowering springs here for sale also?

hey, thanks for the ideas. Yeah that would be cool if you could send me the link for the fogs please. Ta :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
lazuli Blue.... Hero colour....

sta70397.jpg

Oh How i miss that car :dapprove:

Ignore the lexus lights and the mirrors they were from a "Bad Phase" i still have them in my shed haunting me :(

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
good base to start with! heres some pics of mine before i stripped it back standerd :(

car3.jpg

car1.jpg

Renault Clio MK2 Ph1
Hello mate and welcome to the club.

I had a mk2 ph1 non sport before getting my 172, here's a few pics of what I did to it and a rough list:

Shoter aerial
Sport interior (seats and door cards)
Ph2 rear lights
Dual optic front lights
Fog lights fitted
Ph2 rear bumper
Ph2 "dyanmique" spoiler colour coded
Ph2 172 16" alloy wheels.
Lowered 60mm on Apex springs

1.jpg

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

Hope that helps a bit.

hi man

i really like the idea of changing to Ph2 rear bumper

do you have any ref on how to do this am thinking of doing the same thing on my car!!

cheers
nethym from mauritius

none
You should make a track attacker car you know bucket seats 6 point safety belts lowered updated suspension and brakes and roll cage it then the would look fantastic and a bit mad and it would be even cooler if you painted it williams clio colours i haven't seen many that look like that

Clio Mk2 Ph1
cheers. :) liking the pics

umm been thinking about putting in electric windows...do you guys think that its worth it??

Jap Box
cheers. :) liking the pics

umm been thinking about putting in electric windows...do you guys think that its worth it??

If you get this done please PM me the details, im wanting to do this myself but people have said its too much hassle :(

Clio Mk2 Ph1
If you get this done please PM me the details, im wanting to do this myself but people have said its too much hassle :(

i will do, ive been chatting to some people - ill see what the majoirty of em say then go from there...would be nice to have the luxury lol hows ur car coming along?

Clio Mk2 Ph1
** update**

here are a few more pics after the calipers were painted red and the car was given a good wash :)

weddingandstuff002.jpg

weddingandstuff001.jpg

weddingandstuff003.jpg

deffo needs to be lowered though

:)

Jap Box
i will do, ive been chatting to some people - ill see what the majoirty of em say then go from there...would be nice to have the luxury lol hows ur car coming along?

Cool, yeah would be best to get the motors etc from a scrappy really. Cars going well, got -50mm lowering springs here to go on and new alloys, got the sport lights and PH2 rears on now, and the side strips colour coded too :)

Clio Mk2 Ph1
sounds smart :) yeah - im duie for a trip to the scrappy lol. Im looking at getting spring..what ones you got. Although im pretty limited due to speed bumps everywhere in my area :( so been told like 30mm would be alrite. im Ordering some new clear rear lights too and after all that will be colour coding. then should start looking better

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Be brave,
and lower it,
a lot!!

i started on one of these,
and did the following (sorry this might drag)

Fogs with coded surrounds
LamiX the fogs,
dual optic headlights
smocked side repeators,
cc badge
cc bumpers,
laguna splitter
ph2 rub strips
ph2 rear lights
debadge,
dyanmic spoiler,

coilovers,
258mm brakes,
higher spec clio hubs
chewiit custom rear springs,
stip it,
bucket seats,
15 x 7 wheels,
165/50/15 stretch tyres,
30mm spacing up front,
25mm spacing at the back,

wasnt as long as i feared!
pics!

img0014o.jpg

32123415628425856579425.jpg

img0020wz.jpg

img0026kt.jpg

cars on a scrap head somewhere so feel free to rip as many ideas off it as you like,

btw, if interests you i have the following sat in the garage doing nothing! lol

ph2 rear lights (no bulb holders so you have to tie the ph1 bulb holders in!)
dynamic rear spoiler in gloss black,
pipercross air filter (for a 1.2)
front and rear strut braces in anthracite! (for a 1.2)

Jap Box
sounds smart :) yeah - im duie for a trip to the scrappy lol. Im looking at getting spring..what ones you got. Although im pretty limited due to speed bumps everywhere in my area :( so been told like 30mm would be alrite. im Ordering some new clear rear lights too and after all that will be colour coding. then should start looking better

Got some -50mm Eibach sportlines from someone on here for £70 :)

Nice, keep an eye out for Dual optic headlights too, really smarten the front up, even if the light on them is abit rubbish!

Clio Mk2 Ph1
Be brave,
and lower it,
a lot!!

i started on one of these,
and did the following (sorry this might drag)

Fogs with coded surrounds
LamiX the fogs,
dual optic headlights
smocked side repeators,
cc badge
cc bumpers,
laguna splitter
ph2 rub strips
ph2 rear lights
debadge,
dyanmic spoiler,

coilovers,
258mm brakes,
higher spec clio hubs
chewiit custom rear springs,
stip it,
bucket seats,
15 x 7 wheels,
165/50/15 stretch tyres,
30mm spacing up front,
25mm spacing at the back,

wasnt as long as i feared!
pics!

img0014o.jpg

32123415628425856579425.jpg

img0020wz.jpg

img0026kt.jpg

cars on a scrap head somewhere so feel free to rip as many ideas off it as you like,

btw, if interests you i have the following sat in the garage doing nothing! lol

ph2 rear lights (no bulb holders so you have to tie the ph1 bulb holders in!)
dynamic rear spoiler in gloss black,
pipercross air filter (for a 1.2)
front and rear strut braces in anthracite! (for a 1.2)

cheers for the comment, car looked lush. Sorry took me a while to get back, i was away and only just been on here. I have got some ph2 rearlights, and a clio sport interior that is half fitted. Gotta get the bro in to help with the front seats..then pick up some window motors from the scrappy at the weekend...sort the windows out, fit the new door cards.
Ordered in some lowering springs aswell today...picking em up tomoz so they are going to be fitted next week. It all seems to be coming together nicely!!

oooh how much you looking for for the spoiler??

Clio Mk2 Ph1
Got some -50mm Eibach sportlines from someone on here for £70 :)

Nice, keep an eye out for Dual optic headlights too, really smarten the front up, even if the light on them is abit rubbish!

im heading up the scrappy on saturday to pick up some window motors. Got a clio sport interior for 100 at the scrappy...mint condition tbh - lil suprised, the door cards are electric so im gunna have to make it work. Scrappy guy said that its £30 for the motors and hopefully between us, me and my bro can sort out the wiring :)

ordered some gmax springs today. car had service and both front springs were snapped...so kinda forced into making that decision sooner than i thought i would have to. Ah well :)

ill keep you updated

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
posted i was hoping for about £45 posted,
they go for about 60 online, but i just want rid of it now!!

also have a pair of strut braces, anthracite, OMP
want about £60 posted

would take £90 for the both if you want them!