ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Progress Thread

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Went for a play with the Tuner last night great bit of kit and you get some ammount of information from it ! damn complicated !

hows the motor now it startin ?

Just waiting for some parts coming

Seems a kool piece of kit though.

White Sti Hatch
Its class, diagnostic tool as well only had one old fault on my car so happy at that was expecting a list of them

White Sti Hatch
Well Henk now has what he needs to get to work so should hopefully be fully remaped by the end of the week :)

M

mini-valver

Mines at 7500, been reet so far! Twingo RS revs higher and the only thing they've changed is the pistons. The rods are actually quite decent as standard.

Standard is 6750 an would only hit like 58 in 2nd. Now I'm at 7500, clipping the limiter sees about 67ish!

White Sti Hatch
Mines at 7500, been reet so far! Twingo RS revs higher and the only thing they've changed is the pistons. The rods are actually quite decent as standard.

Standard is 6750 an would only hit like 58 in 2nd. Now I'm at 7500, clipping the limiter sees about 67ish!

Ill see what henk set it at if i want it higher ill get him to change it in the second revision, What you had done in your engine nething uprated ?

M

mini-valver

Nothing bottom end wise, although I do run an oil cooler as I plan on tracking it and 750 rpm above standard for 2 hours would be pushing my luck I think :eek:

Otherwise it's all top end work son!

White Sti Hatch
Nothing bottom end wise, although I do run an oil cooler as I plan on tracking it and 750 rpm above standard for 2 hours would be pushing my luck I think :eek:

Otherwise it's all top end work son!

Your tempting me and i really dont like it !!! :mad::evil:

M

mini-valver

7500-6750=750.
750/2=325
6750+325=7075

:D

Seriously though, the car feels so much better having a wider rev band, always felt as if it had more to give then DING DING DING DING, crappy rev limiter :(

White Sti Hatch
Maths hurts my head !!!!! lol

Broken needle ftw ! i know what your saying about it having some more, specialy in 2nd gear...ill go with 7k for now but when i get bored and get my center section out ill get him to go higher or on the 2nd revision we'll see lol...

If my engine/gearbox blows up im comin for you !!!!

M

mini-valver

PMSL! Seen some engines on the bay anyway ;)

Be fine dude, I have faith in Renault.........

M

mini-valver

Yeah definately. Do a speedo vid now, hitting the limiter in 2nd and 3rd. Then do another when the map goes on with increased limiter!

M

mini-valver

I'll get some tommorrow mate when the loom is back together! Have the limiter set at like 40 odd rpm intervals so its really fast. Need an lead for the ecu and my laptop to change it as it sounds abit poo.....

White Sti Hatch
Well got my first revison .cal from henk today got it on there and went for a wee play limiters upped but will need to run the Live Data to tell you what hes set it to, had one small problem with it though on my run back up past a TT limiter in 2nd into 3rd up to round 80ish and the servive light comes on car starts kangarooin and "Check Injectors" pops up limts off the road switchs off and on again and its gone so it looks like just teething problems with the map ! heres to Round 2 !!! need to get the data loggin done with this revison first though so the snow whats to f**k off !!!!!!

White Sti Hatch
Yup put a smile on my face lol ! and pissed the TT driver off till i started kangaroo up the road lol

White Sti Hatch
i like being able to hold onto it for longer if you know what i mean !

Just need to get the Fuling sorted and hope the injector fault pisses off lol, see what henk says tomoz when he replys to me

M

mini-valver

Yeah definately. Sure he'll sort it for you man, wont be anything major!

White Sti Hatch
What can i say first Mk3 K4M to be done so im bound to be the f**ker to hit the snags lol !

Its fun being the first at alot of stuff :rasp:

Heres to clear weather so i can get some good data logs.

White Sti Hatch
Hats off to Henk just got my Second Revison of the Map will have to wait till tomoz for a test though !

Hats off to him !!!

M

mini-valver

"Its fun being the first at alot of stuff"

Exactly why I've spent far to much money on my car, LOL!

That was quick! Go for a drive!!!! ;)

White Sti Hatch
"Its fun being the first at alot of stuff"

Exactly why I've spent far to much money on my car, LOL!

That was quick! Go for a drive!!!! ;)

1.6's ftw mate !!! :rasp::evil:

to much effort to get my dads car out the drive mine in and into the garage hook up the charger get them map onto the laptop hook the Tuner up and load the map thats alot of effort at this time of the day....plus im comfay on the sofa lol !!!!

White Sti Hatch
Just been on the Weigh Bridge at BEAR in Perth just got in underside of my car took a chuck out the speedbump Literally !!!!

With a half tank of Petrol and My skinny ass in it comes in at 1160Kgs and to be honest im surprised thought it would have been alot Heavier !

anyone know how much a half tank weighs ?? (Roughly 25lts 50ltr tank)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Nice one!

Chris do his 172?

P.s. petrol will be about 18kg - 720g per litre (can thank the 'wife')

White Sti Hatch
Na he just came in my car said hes gonna do it at some point though....

Tell your wife thank you and shes better than google cause google couldent tell me ! :rasp:

Nice one!

Chris do his 172?

P.s. petrol will be about 18kg - 720g per litre (can thank the 'wife')

White Sti Hatch
Gonna get rid of some of the usless shite in it, Sound Proofing Isofix etc but keep it usable till i get it payed off then Cage n Buckets FTW !