ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MK3 TCE.........

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Just thought i would put a thread with my Clio.......

No real mods as yet, its needs lowering, been offered some -30mm springs, but dont think that will be enough,

Pretty nippy for a 1.2.... however a remap will come along at some point..

Let me know what you think.

Cheers Craig

My old astra...

998bead4.jpg

The clio day after i got it

8829254F-5052-4229-BCD9-82E764AFFF08-8598-000009E8DB41BFAB.jpg

Doing the wheels.........

DCBC35A0-3E7F-458A-A6D8-CA48D088C027-8598-000009E8E40FF215.jpg

How it is at the mo.....

E3EE48D3-1088-47D5-8436-D295832710EB-8598-000009E8EECA49DA.jpg

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Cheers guys...

Yeah needs a big drop.. and wheels spaced....

Not too sure about wrapping the front silver plastic, i like the silver and black theme...

Superleggera'd MK3
If your gonna get springs get 45mm but even then, if you could stretch to coilovers, i would :)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Keep the silver and black in my opinion. Looks nice.

​I'll have some 40mm FK springs coming up soon. Will have done less than 300 miles.

2007 clio dynamique
Will look good when it's lowered a bit but please get a new jack lol I remember my old Clio falling off the same one when changing a wheel

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Update.....

So i have bought some -30mm springs very cheap.. will put them on this week and see how it looks,

Will put a pic on once i have done it..

Is lowering a hard job to do on this clio? Anything likely to break? Just want to prepare myself first, so will have everything to hand

How it looks atm..

B5E66BBA-863E-49CF-A743-FD91DA372A8A-662-000000FF86FEE597.jpg

​Thanks Craig

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Will look good when it's lowered a bit but please get a new jack lol I remember my old Clio falling off the same one when changing a wheel

Ha ha... i know, have got a trolley jack.. didnt drag it out at the time..

​Thanks Craig

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Is lowering a hard job to do on this clio? Anything likely to break? Just want to prepare myself first, so will have everything to hand

Depends on your mechanical knowledge. The rears are very simple. Jack up both sides, put axle stands in place. Then 1 side at a time, put jack under the trailing arm, as you unbolt the lower shock bolt, lower the jack down as the hub, etc, will drop. Springs can be a tight squeeze to get out and in again.

Fronts, you'll have to disassemble the front shock. On the Mk3, you have to undo the ARB droplink top bolt (allen key in middle, and spanner to undo the nut), the bolt holding the bracket (which holds wiring in place) and the 2 bolts holding the bottom of the shock.

Then it's spring compressors, and take apart the shock.

Guide here, albeit for a Mk2, to give you an idea: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...wering-springs-to-a-Mk2-Clio&highlight=spring

Sizing for the bolts is different too, so make sure you have a full socket set, offset spanners, breaker bar, etc.

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Thanks for the advice, lowered yesterday, love the look... IMO -30MM is more than enough.

​Pics soon ;)

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Thinking about tinting my fog lights with yellow film?

What you all think?

​Craig

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Cars got a good stance now it's lowered. ​Not personally keen on it, but it's your car fella. :)

Thank you.... Going sign up tomorrow, didn't realise its only £12 for full year membership.. Really want to come to FCS.........

Tbh kinda gone off the idea for the minute..

Thanks Craig

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Re: My MK3 TCE.........VIDEO ADDED... TURBO CHATTER

Video added... think the link works........

Clio World Series
Any1 got the new decat pipe off ktec ?
Power flow cat back might decat it? And a remap 18 - 20bhp
And a ktr panel filter what we looking bhp in total my rough estimate is 140 bhp or less?

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Re: My MK3 TCE.........New Pics....

New pics........

Although i have just fitted some Team Heko's............

IMG-20130512-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20130512-WA0001.jpg

Superleggera'd MK3
You are running the standard canasta 16" wheels so you should easily get 20mm on the back and either 15/20 up front. Depends if you have the flared arches at the front or not. Fk bolt to hub (system b) spacers are a good shout :)

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Looking good, has a nice stance since you lowered it

You are running the standard canasta 16" wheels so you should easily get 20mm on the back and either 15/20 up front. Depends if you have the flared arches at the front or not. Fk bolt to hub (system b) spacers are a good shout :)

OK cool...will have a look now. You going to the FCS....?

Thanks again, Craig

Superleggera'd MK3
Your welcome mate. Umm no im not unfortunately, will definetly be going to CSS though, u going?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Any1 got the new decat pipe off ktec ?
Power flow cat back might decat it? And a remap 18 - 20bhp
And a ktr panel filter what we looking bhp in total my rough estimate is 140 bhp or less?

exhaust, filter and decat on a standard engine will probably get you at very most 10bhp, with a stage 1 map 130bhp should be achievable but injectors are limiting you massively, 172/182 injectors and another map and 145bhp should be achieavable with an intercooler

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
As if..... you could of flagged me down... i took some photos near the wind turbine.. ill post them up later.

Was you in your car?

​Craig

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
yeah sure mate. Where bouts you thinking of meeting and what time? Alright for me, I got five days off starting tomorrow

cool... lucky git having 5 off........... Tesco in yarmouth? 6.45? meet along the side where the hand car wash is? Cheers Craig