ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk4 Golf Progress.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I would need the manifold aswell if I were to go for the 150 EGR as they are bigger, which I dont really want to do as I just want to get it breathing freely before the remap.

A few people have said they noticed a difference with an EGR clean up on cars with 70-80000 miles so I should see a fair difference as Im on almost 150000 lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Just provisionally sold the spacers and bolts for £45, quite cheap tbh....

The p/x isn't looking likely atm as insurance is a major issue lol So hoping to get the notch, adaptors and tyres bought and fitted before the end of Feb.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Thanks. Progress may be slow with the wheels as I want to run these wheels until I get the Audio all sorted.

Got a couple of last pics of the car with the spacers in that il upload in a min, even though the car is filthy in them.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I know it's filthy in the pics but I wanted to get some last pics of poke before the spacers were out.

ecd49896.jpg

6af1b697.jpg

Looks odd now.

Also need to get the rear arches resprayed soon too.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
One minute I'm keeping the car next minute I'm not :(

So it's kinda keeping the plans on hold.

Ordering some oil, sump plug, glowplugs, derv dilter, pollen filter and a green cotton air filter (not sure which yet) in the next few days.

One thing is it looks terrible with no spacers in.

De badge the rear or the front? I'd love a mk5 boot release for the rear so I could get rid of the lock but seems an awful lot of work.

I hope I'll know what's happening with the car soon so I can book the remap.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Debadging on these is NOT COOL, unless you're just removing "Golf" and "TDI" :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I know a fella who had a proper Euro'd mk4, Silver too, with smoothed boot which had like a lip at the bottom, looked odd...lol

I prefer the VW badge on the rear tbh.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ok so im keeping the car.

Just bought a 10" Vibe active sub, on the lookout for some 16.5cm comp speakers, an amp and a wiring kit.

Anyone good with Audio? have a couple of Q's to ask. :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Whatever stance it did have is no well and truly gone lol Took the wheels off and put the std VW ones back on, pulls a lot better now.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got a few bits today in the post

167277_10150095436097118_639222117_6149651_224788_n.jpg

Should all be in on Tuesday. Next on the list is too clean up the old wheels, sell them to fund the adaptors, buy tyres for the X5s and get the paint touched up here and there.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Going to put them up for £425 ono once I have them polished and waxed.

Gutted as I paid just shy of £600 not so long ago lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
CH reps are sold.

In the process of looking for an ITG panel filter, not sure where I can find one for a mk4 TDI. As soon as that's done I need the O/S CV Boot replaced, then I'm booking the car in with TDR Performance down in Dublin for a remap.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You've really got to drive that far? Lol! Where in NI are you? Ive got a good mate in Newtownards.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's not too far, just shy of an hour and a half away, nice straight road :p They have a very good reputation too.

They quote 150bhp and 290lb/ft post remap. Quite optimistic figures really but I'll see what it puts out on the R/R they provide with the remap.

I'm in the Newry area.

Mental 172 Cup
Cars looking good mate and plans are good. I bought my Golf back around the same time as you and have done a few mods to it so far but then have a few faults to fix before I can really start to spend some money on her

keep up the good work.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Car is provisionally sold for £3000.

Looking into a Nissan 180sx, pending insurance.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So turns out im keeping the car due to way too many timewasters, anyway..

Update.

After a lot of cutting, swearing, and a few cans of Magners me and a mate got all the audio in and sorted, loads of bass! Although the windows catch on the speaker when they go down past halfway but it's no big deal.

Also took the middle black slats out of the front bumper and cut the silver remaining slats out, looks better i think. Hopefully get pics later or tomorrow.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So my window regulator was broke on the passenger side, £100 brand new :eek:

Went and picked one up for £40 out of the scrapyard :D

225167_10150170913777118_639222117_6739878_3316098_n.jpg

Pics of the front bumper; (middle slats took out)

224115_10150170907912118_639222117_6739800_781981_n.jpg

Had to cut the silver slats out with a stanley knife so it needs a little bit more of a file down and a bit of paint but looks better imo. Next is to get colour coded splitters front and back from the scrapyard.

Bass;

217273_10150170909342118_639222117_6739816_7200132_n.jpg

Was going to tidy up the cables but I cba.
221644_10150170909457118_639222117_6739819_4908796_n.jpg

Speaker/tweeter and f*#ked window

222974_10150170911127118_639222117_6739840_7698426_n.jpg

Few mods coming in next couple of weeks.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It does yeah, just clips in, im not sold on this look yet but il see what it looks like with the splitters colour coded.

Also wouldnt mind new wheels, lightweight & preferably VW ones, 16" possibly 17" at a push, any ideas?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Im not trying to pull anything off, thats exactly the reason the BBS reps went.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Going to collect a PD150 FMIC+Rad tomorrow, just need to look into what sort of piping/mounts/gaskets I'll need.

I'll get some pics up when I collect them :D

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think they look good!

Decided to go for a chrome FMIC+piping kit for £250, only thing im not sure on now if what radiator, if any, to get.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
No major updates so far.

Binned the idea of the FMIC, instead I got the EGR blanked off and the inlet cleaned out, was EXTREMELY blocked. Also fitted an ITG panel filter, noticed a big difference.

Put the slats back in the front bumper and got a few pics of me and a few mates mk4s all lined up, from highest to lowest.

The fuse for the speakers lasted all of 45minutes, and it's the most awkward size of a fuse to get so im still trying to find one.

In the next few days il be cutting the bumpstops in half and screwing the front down a good bit more, plenty left on the front coils, so il see how I get on with it, il whack some pics up later tonight!