ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk4 Golf Progress.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
VTEC crossover, y0.

A lot of people who have went from bo0st to VTEC said they were not disappointed at all.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well ive had a Accord Type R and a 220bhp Glanza. The glanza was quick and fun for a while but i soon got bored of it. The accord handled amazing but again i soon got fed up of nothing happening and then to keep it on the boil you have to hammer them. Id own one again though.

Boost ftw..;)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Heard nothing but good things about them ATR's.

Preferably I'm after a re registered ek9 or a JDM dc2.

How could you even own a Micra..sorry a Glanza :p

I'm away for a while after 5th July so hopefully in August sometime I'll have one. :D

Fiesta ST-2
I quite like the glanzas, mate of mine had one running around 260bhp and has recently imported a 4WD startlet from Japan, looks well ghey though!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
They can be quick but I still couldn't get past the fact that they look like Micra's lol

Starlet GT or nothing tbh :eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As far a Glanza's go mine was ok looking -

toms063.jpg

They are much more solid than the earlier starlets and the interior is a nicer place to be. I'd go with a honda over a starlet tbh.

And i can live with peoples comments on looks..mine was quicker than a mates Evo 6 to 100.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Really? I don't believe you.

If you have Liam, well done, I hope you got what you wanted for it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I did sell it lol

I got £2000 which isnt bad at all considering I bought it for £2,300 a year ago, was sold to a mate too. Needs a bit of work done for MOT (August).

I will miss it, especially my record of 251 miles to £15 fuel.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Hmm so after getting a quote on a 182 cup it's a LOT cheaper than I was expecting. Over half as cheap as a dc2 lol

Not sure what to do now.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Get an accord..;)

Vtec is good for a couple of months but then it gets tiring. Im a boost man at heart.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not a fan of the accords. Had my heart set on a dc2 or an ek9 but I didnt expect insurance to be as cheap on the 182 Cup lol :( I've always wanted one.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Well just using shitty comparison sites it's 2 and a half, hoping to get it down to 2k.

Which isnt bad at all considering where I live and 0ncb.

1 last dc2 I'm enquiring about if that falls through I may look for a 182 cup, they seem very hard to come by over here.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Thanks for pointing that out Mr Obvious.

By that comment I am assuming that you paid £8000 to insure your car?

Fiesta ST-2
Thanks for pointing that out Mr Obvious.

By that comment I am assuming that you paid £8000 to insure your car?

By your comment I assume you're not very good at making assumptions?

He's young, there have been plenty of people who have paid more than 2K to insure a RS clio.

I agree its a lot of money for insurance, but if he has the money or has saved up the money running a diesel for a few years, its up to him what he wants to spend it on.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Im coming 21. I'm happy to pay up to 3k for insurance. £2,500 is not expensive.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Well I'd rather spend it on a car, I don't have a mortgage or bills etc so why not lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
dont pay 2500 quid on insurance ya mong. try a c2 vts or fiesta st. i know the c2 has a low insurance group and they go alright.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
By your comment I assume you're not very good at making assumptions?

He's young, there have been plenty of people who have paid more than 2K to insure a RS clio.

I agree its a lot of money for insurance, but if he has the money or has saved up the money running a diesel for a few years, its up to him what he wants to spend it on.

I know. It's like your actually looking for An argument.

I'd also like to see where anyone tried telling anyone how to spend their money ?

Moving on...

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Im coming 21. I'm happy to pay up to 3k for insurance. £2,500 is not expensive.

This student life style of your Liam seems to be the high life. I need to be a high roller like you. Enjoy the bill less lifestyle while you have got it buddy, it's short lived.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
dont pay 2500 quid on insurance ya mong. try a c2 vts or fiesta st. i know the c2 has a low insurance group and they go alright.

Lol why not? 3k is the max I would go. Gotta be a dc2, possibly an ek9 but it would need to be something special.

Failing that an RS Clio, after all I've been a member for a while so it's about time I got one lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
This student life style of your Liam seems to be the high life. I need to be a high roller like you. Enjoy the bill less lifestyle while you have got it buddy, it's short lived.

I'm such a high roller that I'm booking Amsterdam again for August/September :p

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Doesn't mean you have to buy one. I never will.

Yeah but I did love going on a B road blast in my old VTR, the 182 would be the same as that only better!

Saying that, 182s are very hard to come by over here.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
3k insurance on a dc2 which are old rust buckets. Listen to someone who has been there and done that with a 205gti when I was 18. 3k with nothing to show for it. But if you wanna waste you're money it's upto you but I can tell you it's not worth it.