ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk4 Golf Progress.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Should have seen it on the first map, was pulling 285 lb/ft and I would of had to change gear at 3000rpm lol The line wasnt smooth at all it was just a huge surge of torque and then a drop, second map was much better.

Will need to invest in some top notch rubber as I can't catch grip at all lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What the actual f**k...

Weeman is turning in his leash.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
FLOL at leash.

Only thing I don't get about this car is why run is so stupidly low on those cack wheels?

You may aswell run it higher, have more comfort, practicality and not look like a twonk until you've got a decent set of wheels?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice figures. Still slow though..;) Maybe you could get yourself a nice trailor to use your torque? haha

And that is a pikey notch.

FPMSL. Congratulations, you've just cut up what is probably the most important part of the front end's safety structure.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol @ cutting actual holes in the actual chassis.

I have very little else to add.

LOL at can't see it so it doesn't matter. Tell that to the gearbox or other equally unwelcome intrusion that's sitting where your legs used to be before the crash. Mind you I bet it's well quick and andles like is on rails bro.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What the f**k. I've done some pretty incredible on the cheap things, but this is mental. You will die.

However on the bright side thats another mk4 dead.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What the f**k. I've done some pretty incredible on the cheap things, but this is mental. You will die.

However on the bright side thats another mk4 dead.
Ah I like Funny Tom... he's funny. JD says you're not though...

haters hatin bro. Looks well sick. dont listen to them they know nuffin about car construtshon plus u aint gunna crash anyway cos da andlin is awesum lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You all realise that section of the chassis is hollow? And the weld is actually thicker than the chassis rail originally was? Do some research, I'm far from stupid.

I'm all for people giving a negative opinion on people cars and what not, but I can count at least 4 arrogant people on this page alone that have nothing constructive to say and aren't even giving an opinion whatsoever.

"Cack" wheels, they're standard.

Hold up, need sum turiniz...

And Scottish hairdresser, spam in Gen chat, ta.

FLOL at hollow. Yeah I kinda did know that. You've weakened it massively and completely altered how it will behave in an impact. Still, looks good. Oh wait.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
How will it affect me? I dont drive like a ****. I drive cautiously. Thanks for your wonderful input to this thread.

PMSL are you serial? It won't, if you jump about before the impact.

You said you're all for negative opinions so what's the problem? It's dangerous and pikey. IMO.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I don't mind negative criticism, but people coming on, not giving an opinion, but to sl*g the work done or the car. Isn't needed and makes them look like a c*ck.

ya m serial

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I guess the years of experience observing and working with car production first hand that Roy and I have counts for nothing.

You must want my opinion, you are posting it on the internet. Oh and don't get personal, if anything i care about your well being.

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm an engineer so I've a rough idea what I'm doing.

You care about my well being? You move fast :eek: You just told me I WILL die? Well I know I'll die, so will you!

Last edited:
TBF surely if someone says it's s**t then that is their opinion being given? Anyway yeah I get your point. Opinions are like arseholes etc.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
So don't play the "its stronger now its welded" card. Because you know it isn't.
I see why you've done it, but ultimately its a compromise.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
TBF surely if someone says it's s**t then that is their opinion being given? Anyway yeah I get your point. Opinions are like arseholes etc.

Bingo.

heaters etc

Tom I know anyone can crash but I drive cautiously as I said. Already been involved in a near fatal accident so wont be driving like a tool any time soon. I'd say it's still a hell of a lot safer than my old car, Saxo VTR.

When you say engineer, what do you mean? That's a pretty all-encompassing term. Automotive construction engineer or bloke with a grinder?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
When you say engineer, what do you mean? That's a pretty all-encompassing term. Automotive construction engineer or bloke with a grinder?

Electrical, but have studied Mechanical for 4 years.

Christopher, that's 3 pointless posts you've made in this thread.

keep her lit

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol @ engineer! AFPMSL!

Oh and this hairdresser has forgotten more about car construction and structural damage than you'll ever learn!

Keep playing though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You all realise that section of the chassis is hollow? And the weld is actually thicker than the chassis rail originally was? Do some research, I'm far from stupid.

I'm all for people giving a negative opinion on people cars and what not, but I can count at least 4 arrogant people on this page alone that have nothing constructive to say and aren't even giving an opinion whatsoever.

"Cack" wheels, they're standard.

Hold up, need sum turiniz...

And Scottish hairdresser, spam in Gen chat, ta.

FFS, I'm fully aware they're standard, but for the look you're going for, I'd be 99% sure you're going to fit non standard wheels? Correct?

My point was just - why not raise it up a bit whilst it's on the standard wheels? I can sort of understand undriveable when it looks awesome, buy why bother until you bung some nice wheels on?

IMO at the moment on the standard wheels make it look like the car is broken, as opposed to deliberate choice.

Nevermind.