ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 172 flamer

Renault Clio 172
qe6a3yjy.jpg

Picked her up sat and she's a beaut

Renault Clio 172
Yer iv always like them, couldn't pass this one up as it mint, not one dent in her.
Cheers guy/girls

Renault Clio 172
Ac delete,pas delete strip her out roll cage maybe matched inlets. It's already got coillys and ktec exhaust and some poly bushed bits. sports cat going on Thursday ready for sat.
No more pics yet as was waiting for my cup spoiler to go on today, as i new the boys on here would say she needed it lol, I will get some more pics soon tho.
Flamer club all the way lol.

Renault Clio 172
Spax bud put them on today, but need some tweaking! Roads are sh*t dwn here .
Defo going to get it on the track, but need some better tyres as its got pradas on it now but not to keen so far...
Any ideas for moding?! I'm open to suggestions..

Renault Clio 172
Yer they do look nice always wanted the speedlines just never had the cash as they normally go for big money. Drives really nice with them, better than my old iceberg with the 182 alloys.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Spax bud put them on today, but need some tweaking! Roads are sh*t dwn here .
Defo going to get it on the track, but need some better tyres as its got pradas on it now but not to keen so far...
Any ideas for moding?! I'm open to suggestions..

Plans sound good, i'd just do the minimum and track it. Then start modding it depending on your driving style. Then spank it on track again, then tweak / mod. Rinse and repeat until you think its perfect :)

Best mod i've ever done - the gripper limited slip diff and the cage / buckets.

Worst - messing about with the cams and mapping.

Click on the 'caged & cammed' link in my avatar on the left if you want a read of my project thread and see some bits and bobs on a flamer :)

Renault Clio 172
Yer it's got Brembo high carbon discs front and rear and Brembo pads, but need the tyres, any good ones that don't break the bank completely?!
Sensible head is the one thing I might struggle with lol.

Renault Clio 172
Plans sound good, i'd just do the minimum and track it. Then start modding it depending on your driving style. Then spank it on track again, then tweak / mod. Rinse and repeat until you think its perfect :)

Best mod i've ever done - the gripper limited slip diff and the cage / buckets.

Worst - messing about with the cams and mapping.

Click on the 'caged & cammed' link in my avatar on the left if you want a read of my project thread and see some bits and bobs on a flamer :)

Thanks for the advise and taken on board . I was thinking about cams too but it's my everyday tho and don't want to end up hating it. I.e lumpy money pit lol.
I will check that thread out dude cheers. If I get stuck with any think is it ok to give u a shout?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Then you will come unstuck lol. Tyre wise I would say maybe a good set of rsr's if they come up cheap enough. Or a decent road tyre like rain sport 2's

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for the advise and taken on board . I was thinking about cams too but it's my everyday tho and don't want to end up hating it. I.e lumpy money pit lol.
I will check that thread out dude cheers. If I get stuck with any think is it ok to give u a shout?

More than happy, pm away and i'll help if I can.