ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new baby

Clio 197
Some pictures of my new 197.

It was delivered last Friday but I just haven't had a chance to post any pictures up until now.

Excuse the background but its taken at a boat yard where we are currently renovating our house boat.

1971.jpg

1972.jpg

1973.jpg

1974.jpg

1975.jpg

1976.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
That is Stunning.... A little Lower with Spacers and it would easily be the best 197 on here IMO

Clio 197
Thanks a lot guys :)

I am over the moon with it. Only reason I have not posted pictures till now is I have been driving it all the time ;)

Gave it a good clean today and used all my Jeff's Werkstat kit on it.

I would love to lower it but it was a risk fitting the cup chassis with the roads near me, just about get away with it. As for the spacers, they look fantastic but I am still a bit wary about effects on handling and tyre wear so I am a bit reluctant to fork out the money then not use them, plus knowing my luck with the wheels stuck out that bit further, I would end up kerbing it :eek:

1.2 Extreme
Superb that, I love it!

May sound silly but I like the spoiler from some angles and not others.

Clio 197
cracker.

spoiler spoils it for me though:dapprove:

I must admit, I wasn't sure when I ordered it and in some of the photos it does look at bit OTT.

In the flesh though, I think it finishes the back end off. Plus I am 40 going on 17 so a big spoiler was called for :D

A

amitshah1990

i love this car, will have one as my next most likley, i do like the spoiler. But would of had xenons!?

Clio 197
i love this car, will have one as my next most likley, i do like the spoiler. But would of had xenons!?

That's the thing with cars, someone would always have ordered something different. Lots of people don't like the spoiler, I wasn't sure when I ordered it but I like it now on the car. I could justify £500 for the cup chassis, to me it was well worth it but £500 for some bright light bulbs (I know its a bit more complicated than that) I just could not see.

I also like the "silver" surrounds of the standard lights as opposed to the black surrounds with the xenons/cornering lights.

I didn't spec Recaros either as I really liked the standard seats and after reading all the problems people are having, I think I made the right choice for me.

I guess it's all personal preference.

Clio 197
that looks really sweet mate do you want to swop for a 172;)

I always wanted a 172, my dad had one in black and I loved it, he also had a 16v before that and a 19 16v before that, lol.

We have had a few Renaults in the family, I even had a couple of 1.4 RT s a number of years ago

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
cracking number plate, joke
love the colour, spoiler sets it off . looks brilliant, keep it clean and looking mean
haha

Clio on SL 2118s
cracker.

spoiler spoils it for me though:dapprove:

same for me.
really dont think the spoilers suit them.
maybe a lip spoiler, someone has one on here.
but i think the 197 suits no spoiler.
lovely car and colour though mate.:cool:

Clio 197
Thanks for the nice comments everyone, I am absolutely loving it at the moment.

I have never had a car I just want to pop out for a drive in before.

I just want to get into the "spotted" section now :D