ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car....CAUTION: Horses inside...

RB 182
Well, the Clio went on Sunday, and in it's place came this....

A 426.4bhp Scooby Impreza Type R.....MASSIVE spec, of which i'll go through and list later...but yeah, some piccies...well, loadsa pics...

It's an absolute animal to drive lol.

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

DSC01680.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01665.jpg

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

Comments welcomed, as always :)

RB 182
Cheers guys...

fUbAr - Yeah, the engine bay will be getting tidied up this weekend, it's a total mess, the earthing kit can be routed out of sight for a start....gives me at least something to do to it lol!!

RB 182
alloys could do with a change. compomotives but blimey does that look ace! whats the torque?

Nah, I had Compomotives on my old Scooby, so don't want to go down that route again. Plus, those on this one are lightweight jobbies. The torque is 380lb/ft.

RB 182
Very nice, with that power and the type R ratio's acceleration must be impressive!

What specs the engine?

Yeah it's pretty rapid mate lol...

Engine spec is...off the top of my head...

Simtek ECU running 2 switchable maps (mapped by Steve Simpson of TEGsport), low boost for pump fuel (VPower), and high boost to run a 10% methanol to 90% VPower mix
2.1 stroker kit
Forged pistons
Steel rods
Knife edged crank
MD321t turbo
HKS high lift cams
HKS headers
ARC front mount intercooler
Nismo 740cc injectors
Fuelab pressure regulator

...and probably more i've forgot

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
very tasty that, engine bay needs a tidy up and your laughing.

Good to see outside isnt a shambles and a chav lovers dream. Quite like the theme it has colour wise.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Awesome mate just awesome... You bringing her nto straightliners this month?

Can i have a play?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Looks really nice that, bet it flys! My mates 320bhp one flys

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Nice spec too. I'm with the others. After my bro's STi rebuild costing 4.5k im scared of them..lol

MCS R56
Not a huge fan of these but that looks mint! Rear end is perfect - not so keen on the front end, and that number plate, or lack of it - legal? Will you not get pulled over everytime you go out?

Must be fast, enjoy!

Mental 172 Cup
How much did you pay for the car out of interest? What sort of mpg do you think you'll get??

My mate had a 408bhp Evo 8 and used to get 8mpg and 10mpg on a run :p

Charged Superleggera
awesome scoob martin. with the spec on this car i think your pretty safe running this sort of power.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I've always wanted a 22b, but yours looks great, bet its fantastic to drive.........*heads off to pistonheads/autotrader to see what I could buy lol*

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great! My mate's P1 is running standard power and that feels very fast - I can't imagine how quick this is!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Jesus. I bet thats a flipping weapon. Have fun in it.

Question. Is that front number plate legal ? Does it reflect ?

Sam!

RB 182
To try and answer a few questions....

Tunst - I may pop down to Straightliners if Cumbrian Scoobs are there again, won't be running it though....

Ummm...front "plate" won't be legal no, it's just standard font size stickers stuck to the bodywork....

MPG wise, im seeing roughly 100 miles to £20 driving on the high boost map with methanol....and having a play every now and then....

Not saying how much I paid, but it was a bargain ;)

No worries about it going bang....it's just had a fully forged rebuild by one of the best companies to do it....it's safe running that power with the spec, no problem at all.

It's a bit of a monster to drive...you have to think a few miles ahead before planting the foot lol

It doesn't need a Blob STi scoop....it runs a front mount, so not going to spoil it with something pointless :p

S4 Avant
Get it covered in subaru graffics and you'll fit right in! ;)

But seriously, that minus spoiler, would look awesome.

RB 182
Get it covered in subaru graffics and you'll fit right in! ;)

But seriously, that minus spoiler, would look awesome.

Yeah man, Subaru livery is the way forward man, innit ;)

I tried spoilerless on my old one, and as much as I loved the look, it just didn't handle as nice in the higher speed corners, the back felt very light....although it did increase fuel economy, much less drag lol!!