ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car - CTR haters beware ;)

Octavia VRS
Washed the new car for the first time today and thought I'd take some pics. It needs a good detailing, especially claying, which will happen in the coming weeks.

Apart from a wee sctatch on the front bumper where the paint has come off, the CTR is in very good condition. I'm very happy with it. Absolutely no mods planned as it does everything I need right out of the box. Only 33k miles so just about run in ;)

ctr1.jpg

ctr6.jpg

ctr5.jpg

ctr4.jpg

ctr3.jpg

ctr2.jpg

tiTTy & SV650
not bad at all, you should have come out for a play yesterday!

shame about the piss poor plate removal attempts lol

kenny.gif

cock mobile.
Great car mate, give it a few months and see if you have mods planned, trust me, you can't own Jap and not want to mod, there's just too many options out there :)

Octavia VRS
Cheers guys.

Yep Chris, last of the line pre-facelift model.

Thanks Rory, you Paint expert! Unfortunately couldn't make this weekend, meet up soon tho.

MCS R56
Makes me glad I bought the Clio! (Just a wee dig!)

They are much nicer than the new ones - a bit more character I think. Yours looks good though.

Banana
ctr1-1.gif

:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Only Joking mate, 'tis a very nice machine :approve:

Civic Type R EK9
You really should have got a facelift as there were 1500 changes i had a NHB (Nighthawk Black) Facelift and there noticeably quicker

Looks good tho 182's are better!! LOL

Octavia VRS
^ 1500 changes mate?!!!! Prefer the look of the pre-facelift tbh and i'll let you know if the facelifts are quicker when I meet up with Ally!

Love the adjustments Mark! hahaha

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
lol at warbitons - you can take the boy out of Cardonald but never take cardonald out the boy.

your bus got the air con opt?

Civic Type R EK9
Yeh 1500 changes and i can assure you there quicker 0.2 0-60 on paper quicker and in real life they edge away quite nicely i loved my type r when the vtec comes in sounds awesome when i had the straight through exhaust

Elise 111R
very nice drove my mates 05 ltd ed one today (borrowed my sat nav so owed me ;)) what can i say power and gearbox smoothness is amazing.. its leagues better than my 182 ff..... but what i would say is i had no confidence in it :S, i couldnt feel the power nor could i on the changing camber in the roads through the wheels.

What i did notice was that getting to 60 is scarely quick in a CTR and it just is there where as the 182 you have to work it up to 60...

i still said that i prefered mine due to the feel in the corners but i can see why he got one due to the amount of motorway miles he does...

nice car and as long as the price was right as in much cheaper than face lift good buy!

MCS R56
very nice drove my mates 05 ltd ed one today (borrowed my sat nav so owed me ;)) what can i say power and gearbox smoothness is amazing.. its leagues better than my 182 ff..... but what i would say is i had no confidence in it :S, i couldnt feel the power nor could i on the changing camber in the roads through the wheels.

What i did notice was that getting to 60 is scarely quick in a CTR and it just is there where as the 182 you have to work it up to 60...

Indeed, exactly what I felt with the steering when I tested one. Didn't feel any quicker to 60 than my Cup though. If anything, it felt a bit slower. That was that for the CTR! Cup purchased. Nice cars to own (in both sense of the word!)
i still said that i prefered mine due to the feel in the corners but i can see why he got one due to the amount of motorway miles he does...

nice car and as long as the price was right as in much cheaper than face lift good buy!

Last edited:
  Honda Civic Type R
nice car mate. one thing i'll say advise though. keep an open mind (and wallet) when it comes to modding. you can make the car so much better with just a few select mods. and there are so many different companies to choose from, what with it being japanese and all. i've recently driven a standard CTR and it's no match at all for mine (handling, speed, braking, grip)

my point is, it's a very good car to start with but can be a great car if you throw a little cash at it (in the correct way of course).

Octavia VRS
Ta Maz.

is that an aftermarket bodykit ? looks a bit stuck on but nice styling

It's just the standard Type R bodykit.

nice car mate. one thing i'll say advise though. keep an open mind (and wallet) when it comes to modding. you can make the car so much better with just a few select mods. and there are so many different companies to choose from, what with it being japanese and all. i've recently driven a standard CTR and it's no match at all for mine (handling, speed, braking, grip)

my point is, it's a very good car to start with but can be a great car if you throw a little cash at it (in the correct way of course).

What have you done to yours? Mine will be staying standard for the forseeable future but as you and sh33n say, there are a lot of mods available out there so I may be tempted somewhere down the line!

i'll let you know if the facelifts are quicker when I meet up with Ally!
Bring it on big boy :rasp:

Looking good Kenny, second best CTR colour, obviously ;). Looking forward to the CTR-takeover at the next CS meet/trip.

I still prefer the front end on my facelift but I hated the rear-postfacelift lights, hence mine being changed for older stylee.

And never say never to a few mods. I'm very happy with mine but there's always a small voice telling me that a camber adjustment kit, springs and an induction kit would be nice :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
You really should have got a facelift as there were 1500 changes i had a NHB (Nighthawk Black) Facelift and there noticeably quicker

Looks good tho 182's are better!! LOL

sorry mate absolute rubbish.. the engines and boxs are identical. It was mainly cosmetic changes...

I had a pre facelift anniversary.

is that an aftermarket bodykit ? looks a bit stuck on but nice styling

all CTRs are like than surely youve seen one before?????

Looks tidy Kenny. Im sure you wont be disappointed with it.:)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Yeh 1500 changes and i can assure you there quicker 0.2 0-60 on paper quicker and in real life they edge away quite nicely i loved my type r when the vtec comes in sounds awesome when i had the straight through exhaust

:rofl:

Yeah and you get those f**king appalling gay stupid wanking lexus lights on the back that look like they've come from halfords.

Civic Type R EK9

:rofl:

Yeah and you get those f**king appalling gay stupid w**king lexus lights on the back that look like they've come from halfords.

Yeh thats only bad point but they arent quite like lexus lights tbh just look more modern

As father and son....
meggerman weighing in usefully as always.

great choice Kenny you wont regret it at all mate :)

no mods? pfft ;) sh33n is right give it a few months and start lookin at some steals on the forums and youll be hooked.

GruppeM and Spoon........two words i expect to see in your next thread ;)

Yeah and you get those f**king appalling gay stupid w**king lexus lights on the back that look like they've come from halfords.
Couldn't agree more, I just couldn't stand them. My one mod on mine so far was to replace the rear lights with the older ones (same as in Kenny's pics) - soooo much better looking IMO.

sorry mate absolute rubbish.. the engines and boxs are identical. It was mainly cosmetic changes...
There is a quoted 0.2 sec difference 0-62mph for pre and post facelifts, supposed to be down to a lightened flywheel which gives the newer cars a bit more of an immediate feeling of "quickness" lol. Subtle difference but it's more than just cosmetic.

GruppeM and Spoon........two words i expect to see in your next thread ;)
lol, I've resisted. So far...