ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car - CTR haters beware ;)

cock mobile.
Yeh 1500 changes and i can assure you there quicker 0.2 0-60 on paper quicker and in real life they edge away quite nicely i loved my type r when the vtec comes in sounds awesome when i had the straight through exhaust

It is possible as his is such a late pre-facelift that his has the changes on the old look, they knocked a few out like this I'm sure.

Dunno how you would check though.

Ad

MK2 FRS
No facelift ones are quicker im not arguing tho lighter flywheel so they rev quicker etc

its no different to the 182/172 debate theres fook all in it...

Mine was hondata reflashed so was quicker than them all;) lol

few subtle mods kenny and they become awesome. Tein springs massively improve the turn in and still maintain decent ride quality.

and the CTR is far better than the 182 in my book, and ive had both as well:D

Octavia VRS
Cheers again guys.

Must resist mods.......at least for now! I don't think the missus would be happy if I splashed out again!

Honda Civic Type R
Ta Maz.

It's just the standard Type R bodykit.

nice car mate. one thing i'll say advise though. keep an open mind (and wallet) when it comes to modding. you can make the car so much better with just a few select mods. and there are so many different companies to choose from, what with it being japanese and all. i've recently driven a standard CTR and it's no match at all for mine (handling, speed, braking, grip)

my point is, it's a very good car to start with but can be a great car if you throw a little cash at it (in the correct way of course).

What have you done to yours? Mine will be staying standard for the forseeable future but as you and sh33n say, there are a lot of mods available out there so I may be tempted somewhere down the line!

it's a pretty long list. engine wise i've got a cold air induction kit, race manifold, spoon n1 exhaust, k-pro ecu and lightened flywheel. chassis wise i've uprated the brakes to powerslot 350mm disc with ferodo pads and braided lines and i've got eibach springs waiting to go on. probabl;y the best mod though is my limited slip diff which make the car grip like a b*astard and pretty much eliminates understeer. i've actually done quite a lot more but as i say, it's a pretty long list. all these mods are in preperation for my turbo conversion in a few months. i can't wait. there's so much potential in this car and thats why i love it. as it stands i don't know of any other factory hot hatches that are quicker than it in a straight line.