ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car

audi a6 3.0tdi
After writing my phase 1 172 off i decided i'd be slightly more sensible. I ended up with a vectra sri 1.9cdti, it averages 50 mpg and standard its not too much slower than the clio. i'm going to get it remapped which will push it to 200 bhp and 322 ft lb of torque :) . It handles suprisingly well for a barge too. you can just about make out my poorly clio in one of the pics :(

Attachments

• SPM_A0073.jpg
    SPM_A0073.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 136
  • SPM_A0071.jpg
    SPM_A0071.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 51
  • SPM_A0075.jpg
    SPM_A0075.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 45
is it wierd that i really like the look of the vectra? (when the are well specced like the op's)

was tempted, but at 19 i thought it might be taking it a bit too far

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Dad has a 55 plate.

Immense on the motorway and for its size pretty quick.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
WTF is going on with CS, no more spamming an people buying family cars!! Judgment day is upon us people.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I need the vectra for work now. And the fact people think its an under cover police car on the motorway is just an added bonus. (high viz vest worn lol).

If people want to start a collection to get my clio back on the road then i'll not argue lol ;)

1.2 shells will be kindly accepted :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Fair enough, they do look nice i like the estates aswell. I think Evo had one as a Long termer!

clio...
old mans company car is a vectra. He's had several now and piles on the milage.. and to date the only thing that has went wrong is the windscreen wiper motor.

They're not to bad to be fair, massive boot, plenty of room, well speced & they have a decent bit of pace on them.

BMW 330D
Nice motor!.
Love the sri's as they have different coloured rear lights than standard, just finishes it off nicely.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Anyone want this car for a 182 i can't cope with no revs any longer. oh its got a tuning box now so roughly 190bhp and 300ft lb of torque. cheap tax and insurance and 50 mpg not driving like a girl

320d
Anyone want this car for a 182 i can't cope with no revs any longer. oh its got a tuning box now so roughly 190bhp and 300ft lb of torque. cheap tax and insurance and 50 mpg not driving like a girl

You said you liked the torque at the warrington meet mate. Know what you mean though the lack of revs and awful noise it what puts me of diesels

Great engine, but even the 150 bhp only gets to 60 in just under 9 seconds in vectra. Although your 190 might make it better, it needs it to move such a big car.

Last edited:
  audi a6 3.0tdi
Great engine, but even the 150 bhp only gets to 60 in just under 9 seconds in vectra. Although your 190 might make it better, it needs it to move such a big car.

I don't think its managed to get it to below 8 seconds to sixty even with the box. its a lot better in gear though now. Its not slow but i'm comparing it to a stripped out 172 so its hardly fair on the car

astra coupe on coilovers
is the box from dtuk mate ?