ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car..

Rb 182
..For the Gf.

I bought my Golf Gti on the 23/04/2010 With 105k on the clock. It is a decent base to start from with only 2 owners from new and a full service history. The car does require some work before any real mods begin, but its a good solid car to start with. I've no crazy mods planned but you never know ;)

The day i got it. (Look how happy the girlfriend is!)

Photo-0008.jpg

Overall pics of the outside

Photo0099.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

Photo0103.jpg

Some small repairs required, damaged aerial.

Photo0101.jpg

Replaced

Photo0104.jpg

Damaged fuel cap

Photo0100.jpg

Photo0105.jpg

Replaced

Photo0106.jpg

New grill, bought to be sprayed black, i think it will compliment the lower black grill well.

Photo0107.jpg

Sorry its nothing exciting as of yet but things will happen.

Any comments or ideas welcome.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks good. Those fuel caps are a PITA. Mine never sits right on the flap, ends up falling off and hitting the bodywork.

53 Clio's & counting
Exactly the same as mine lol, i think they are great engines mate, not that quick but mine averages 40 mpg happily and will go anywhere in 5th, so torquey

Many miles? Cani ask what you paid?

Rb 182
Exactly the same as mine lol, i think they are great engines mate, not that quick but mine averages 40 mpg happily and will go anywhere in 5th, so torquey

Many miles? Cani ask what you paid?

Its on 105k, 2 owners from new and full history.

I paid £2.5k with a years mot and 6months tax.

Seemed a decent price imo.

53 Clio's & counting
yeah about right mate, mines on 125k with full history and mines up for £2350, and its got drivers armrest, 6 disc changer, climate control and a lod of stuff like rear axles bushes just been replaced, new front discs and pads, plus loads more:

Sorry for the crap pics, looks pink when its deep met red

DSC01085-1.jpg
#

DSC01089-1.jpg

Black Gold Trophy
Is this the 2.0 NA model?
Worked on a few of them and I have to say they really do not deserve the GTI badge at all! With 115bhp they barely move!:D

53 Clio's & counting
They not that bad! Admitadly 0-60 in 10 secs isnt Gti worthy lol, but they are not as bad as people say, iv done 2000 miles in mine and i never get bored when i get in it

Edit: Danny they are 2.0 8v, an evolution of the MK3 Gti 8v engine but with more torque, i literally go everywhere in 5th in mine, from 900 rpm it pulls lovely

Rb 182
Is this the 2.0 NA model?
Worked on a few of them and I have to say they really do not deserve the GTI badge at all! With 115bhp they barely move!:D

Yeah it is just a 2.0 na. Its not fast by any means but it is torquey. Good enough for her anyway.

No bad sir!

Is this the 2.0 8v?

Cheers yeah its a 2.0 8v.

They not that bad! Admitadly 0-60 in 10 secs isnt Gti worthy lol, but they are not as bad as people say, iv done 2000 miles in mine and i never get bored when i get in it

Edit: Danny they are 2.0 8v, an evolution of the MK3 Gti 8v engine but with more torque, i literally go everywhere in 5th in mine, from 900 rpm it pulls lovely

Yeah its not really worth the GTi badging. But its a good car, and shes happy so i'm happy :p

Looks good that.

Cheers Adam

sounds like a well designed engine that, nice motor for the mrs dude.

Cheers Merk :cool:

53 Clio's & counting
They were built for exactly what your using it for mate, a decent runaround that will last forever and a day as long as they are looked after :)

Rb 182
They were built for exactly what your using it for mate, a decent runaround that will last forever and a day as long as they are looked after :)

Thats exactly what we need :)

I'm really loving it. Its not fast but its dead comfy. Can imagine decent distances wont be a problem, the 72 gets a bit boomy on the motorway.

53 Clio's & counting
The furthest iv gone in one go in mine is a 280 mile round trip to the other halfs parents other house in Wales, which i did over 2 days, averaged 42mpg over the trip and felt like id done about 5 miles, soooo comfortable and quiet

Looks nice.

Gave mine a "propper" clean yesterday. Was amazing the amount of crap the clay took off.

Will try and post some pics when i get home.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
The furthest iv gone in one go in mine is a 280 mile round trip to the other halfs parents other house in Wales, which i did over 2 days, averaged 42mpg over the trip and felt like id done about 5 miles, soooo comfortable and quiet

Wouldn't that be... furthest in TWO goes? lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks good mate, I bet she's chuffed nice boat if you have to go anywhere.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Just like the Bora inside. Arm rest and easy driving..im still of the opinion the 1.8t is the bestest but the 2.0l's are good. Its the NA 20v thats shite..

53 Clio's & counting
Thats why they dopped it after not even a year and went back to the 2.0 mk3 engine lol (well a modded mk3 engine)

Rb 182
Looks good mate, I bet she's chuffed nice boat if you have to go anywhere.
Yeah shes well chuffed. It'll make a decent motorway cruiser like you say

Nice. Just like the Bora inside. Arm rest and easy driving..im still of the opinion the 1.8t is the bestest but the 2.0l's are good. Its the NA 20v thats s**te..

I'd have preffered the 1.8t, but the miles were sky high or the price was. :dapprove:

Rb 182
Been busy getting rid of the GTi and Golf badges from the rear cleans it up a treat i think.

Before
Photo0108.jpg

Getting there
Photo0109.jpg

Done :)
Photo0110.jpg

Also bought a few sets of bulbs.
Photo0111.jpg

Silvervisions for the front and led sidelights.

C+C welcome

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That's weird. I've just fitted new side lights and debadged the bora..haha