ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car!

197 Albi Blue
On Monday me and my dad popped by Auto Planet Renault in Southampton and basically i put a deposit down on an Albi Blue 197 which had litterally only just come in.

Sorted all the paper work out and I pick it up at 9:30 in the morning!

Cant wait, its in really good condition 07 plate only got 18k on the clock. Never thought that having just turned 21 I would be owning a 197.

Not going to be able to sleep tonight at all

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Nice -- I had a 57 plate albi blue r27- they are understated-

as yours is the old 07 plate check its had the software update to elliminate the bunny hopping to second gear- its not essential if it hasnt - im sure renault will do it for free-
some 197 owners may stepin here- it may just be the R27 model

good luck either way-
Steve

197 Albi Blue
Just got home from work...had to go straight to work after picking the car up.

It is SOOOOOO nice i actually love it. All ive done at work today is show people the car. Had 3 customers come in and say to me "who's is the 197 outside". So naturally I had to give them a guided tour and a little spin in it.

Such a step up from my VTR. Can definatly feel the kick at 5k rpm

Discovered as well that it has a 6CD auto changer built in and fixed cornering lights as well.

Sooo happy with it :D

Nice car and I'll keep an eye out for you. Get along to a few meets. Welcome to 197 ownership. If you are having problems with the kangaroo jumping when cold, check with Auto Planet if they can do the update . It may only be available as Warranty work.

197 Albi Blue
The kids were all having their little 1.0 pug and saxo meet in Halfords car park on saturday night. Their faces dropped when I drove in with the 197 lol

LY 182
Lovely! And yeah be careful. I went from a 1.6 Zetec S ~100bhp to my 182. Certainly took me a few weeks to feel comfortable driving it. The first day I went out for a spin I called my old man to ask if he wanted something from Maccy D's and the first thing he said was: "I thought you were calling to tell me you've had a crash". No confidence in me lol.

M3 SMG
Very nice mate photos never convey the presence the 197 has on the road so so squat and wide look so different to the standard ones. Really nice mate bet your chuffed as mentioned nothing like. Buying a new car! It's addictive lol

Westy. MX5
Congrats Nick, I bet you're Mr Smiley for a while yet! Nice car for 21 yesr old, and don't forget to look after it.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Congrats mate, welcome to the club! iv no doubt you'll enjoy the car! BTW I got the renault remap for the kangaroo'ing and it worked for about 2months and then started doing it again lol. you learn to drive around it for the first 30-60seconds of driving then it stops. To be honest I have a little while left on my warrenty so i'll take it back if it needs something else doing.

197 Albi Blue
I have noticed the "kangarooing" in 1st and 2nd gear when i first drive off in the morning. Only does it for a few seconds tho, so not going to worry if Renault wont do it for free.

Still love the car, so its not going to take the shine off it too much!

Clio 1970000000
I have noticed the "kangarooing" in 1st and 2nd gear when i first drive off in the morning. Only does it for a few seconds tho, so not going to worry if Renault wont do it for free.

Still love the car, so its not going to take the shine off it too much!

Mine kangeroos too. Never lasts more than a minute. Nothing to worry about really. Some people say turning off the traction control stops it. It does make it better but I drive like a granny for the first couple of miles anyway as the engine is cold.