ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio DCi 100 :D finally!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Boobs.

31032010015.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
it was an option on all dynamiques even the 1.2s, just hardly any have them. another rare option was sat nav

Yep.

Mine had xenons and climate from the factory when I picked the spec. :cool:

Oh, and the bonnet's not off in the pic. It's carbon.

DSC00740.jpg

Really? You must drive really sensibly! First tank was motor way etc so will see how the normal driving fuel goes :)

How much is it to get mapped and where do you get it done? Is there any cons to it, like makes any problems etc?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Yeah, but only because my car is ill. :(

It varies, between £280-£450 iirc. Not sure if there's anywhere in Devon that'll do it, obviously people from that area will know better, however make sure it's done by someone with a good rep. Also, avoid tuning boxes like the plague.

MCS R56

It varies, between £280-£450 iirc. Not sure if there's anywhere in Devon that'll do it, obviously people from that area will know better, however make sure it's done by someone with a good rep. Also, avoid tuning boxes like the plague.

Why?

MCS R56
I've done a lot of research into them and the newer digital units are very good. VAG engines though, not Frenchy!

Clio sport 182

k-tecracing are down that way i think

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I've done a lot of research into them and the newer digital units are very good. VAG engines though, not Frenchy!

think they work a bit better on the VAG engines but they have a habbit of killing delphi DCi engines lol

i paid £275 to have mine mapped...

Pro's
much quicker
much more torque
removes the standard cars torque limit (you can feel it limiting torque thru the rev range as standard)
better fuel economy

Con's
more stress on the drivetrain (clutch/gearbox)

however a remapped car driven with mechanical sympathy will last a lot longer than a standard one that gets abused, i use my full power and rev range daily however i dont rush the gearbox or launch it off the line (not that you would want to launch a diesel lol)

MCS R56
think they work a bit better on the VAG engines but they have a habbit of killing delphi DCi engines lol

i paid £275 to have mine mapped...

Pro's
much quicker
much more torque
removes the standard cars torque limit (you can feel it limiting torque thru the rev range as standard)
better fuel economy

Con's
more stress on the drivetrain (clutch/gearbox)

however a remapped car driven with mechanical sympathy will last a lot longer than a standard one that gets abused, i use my full power and rev range daily however i dont rush the gearbox or launch it off the line (not that you would want to launch a diesel lol)

Yeah, mine has been great so far and like you, I never load it up off the line, so hopefully the clutch etc will last.

The MPG is up, slightly, so I can't see how it's using more fuel. So far, so good, and the performance gains are impressive!

clio 182 sport
I had a DCi 100 and also my mrs has the Megane 105 1.5. They are cracking engines.

The megane is more refined however the clio was a lot quicker and better on fuel. I have sold the Clio now and purchased a 182 but was a good car and averaged 55 mpg round town and 70mpg motorway !