ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new clio

Storm Grey 200
...and my first clio, after driving my mums punto for ages i decided to go out and get a car, a clio. Here she is: (camera phone) going to pick it up next weekend :)
dsc00515at1.jpg

Nas

Eunos Roadster
cool mate nice motor youve just bought, whats the spec on it?? Have you got any mods planned

Storm Grey 200
Its a clio "sport", 1.2 16v, got loads of extras on the inside etc, has a couple of little dents... but was quite cheap for what it is (£2200)compared to the prices ive seen them for. First on the list is to get some good ice, then some 182 wheels and lowered a tad depending on how it looks

O4 Dynamique
forget about ICE, alloys and lower it first mate. Trust me, you will so regret spending loads on subs, components, and head units before you change the exterior. DO IT, go with 182 alloys and lower it 40mm i rekon.

Storm Grey 200
Yea maybe i will go for the exterior first.... pah its going to be a while anyway, bank = drained :(

MINI Cooper S
Mine too mate. This your first car? Im only on my first one, bank is lighter than its been in ages.

Chelsea tractor
forget about ICE, alloys and lower it first mate. Trust me, you will so regret spending loads on subs, components, and head units before you change the exterior. DO IT, go with 182 alloys and lower it 40mm i rekon.
Surely enjoyment whilst driving inside the car takes precident over what the car looks like from the outside? And it doesn't rape you on insurance too.

Nice car mate :)

Storm Grey 200
Yea, first car, took me ages to find one worth getting. But yea bank = empty, maybe i will just try find some cheap things like ph2 lights etc, looks pretty ok atm anyway

Storm Grey 200
Yea its between 172 and 182 wheels, i think most non renault wheels just dont quite look right, some do tho....

1.2 16v

insurance could be affected esp if your short for money so go for whatever seems more important for you

O4 Dynamique
True, the enjoyment of being inside the car is important, but isn't how it looks. If it were me i would prefer the interior to be not that nice and have a mint looking exterior.
I used to have a Punto and i spent about £500 on ICE, then wen it came to do the outside i just thought f*ck it, lets get more ICE. When i look back that £500 could of been spent on alloys and springs maybe.
The key do modding your car, is for god sake, take your time, and dont rush into anything because ur bored. Think about what looks good and dont go over the top.

(cough cough) essay (Cough)

1.2 16v
thanks for the lecture james, however i seem to remember that i did your calipers with some lumpy hamerite because i suggested it to you, and you just sat in my armchair watching trisha like a dumpling untill i was finnished...

O4 Dynamique
p*ss off did i, it wasnt lumpy hamerite at all, ive not sanded them down and they look good now. so stop lieing ur a** of and tell the truth for once.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
have a look at andys black one with PH1 172 OZ F1 Cup wheels on it on coilovers, F1 Cups suit the MK2 Ph1 cars.

if you cant afford coilovers put the -60mm apex kit on it, i loved mine.

C

clio172cup20

Leave it standard mate.
You will be wanting a new car next year. No point wasting money on making your first car look good - it looks fine as it is - you will regret spending money on it...