ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio.

Ive just bought a Mk1 Clio 16v.

Its in pretty good nick, with 80k on it. Rust free and the engine seems fine. Its also hpi clear. The only real problem seems to be with the steering rack, and it looks like it might be a big one.

I want to keep it working, what do you recon are the must dos?

Im intending to do an oil change and flush out the cooling system as the expansion tank looks quite murky. A cambelt change. What else needs doing. What problems have you had?

Replacing distributor cap/rotor arm, leads, plugs + fuel/air filters in addition to the things you mentioned should probably be the first port of call if you dont have any record of a recent replacement.

Give it a good thorough wash to check again for bodywork probs (chips/rust) and sort these out asap. I thought Id bought a completely rust free car until I washed it for the first time!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

whats up with your steering rack.just give a good checkover and give it a service(cambelt,plugs,fuel filter,oil etc).check the front brake flexis and front discs(commen mot failures).

whats up with your steering rack.just give a good checkover and give it a service(cambelt,plugs,fuel filter,oil etc).check the front brake flexis and front discs(commen mot failures).

The steering vibrates hard when you steer at at anything over 2000 revs. Has anyone else had this problem? It feels very wrong.

Aswell does anyone know where the bleed would be on the radiator as ive ahd a look and i cant seem to find it. id like to do what i can myself, what do you think it would be possible for someone in experienced like me to do?

Thanks for the help so far.

The radiator bleed screw should be near the top left (passenger side) of the radiator - if you cant see it it may be broken off though!

As for servicing - id say (as well as the above) change coolant sensors, clean ISCV and maybe stick a new lambda sensor into the zorst. Probelms with these can cause poor cruising, idling and a general increase in fuel consumption.