ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new cup

Storm Grey 200
Looks great, the bay looks particularly tidy considering its unpainted.

You shall have to come down to the SW meets now your back in the seat of a cup :cool:

PH2 172
yea defo mate il be down with that the engine bay dosnt look as clean as it does in that picture but seein as im a valeter im going to scrub it up make it look better the only thing that made me think was it has 7 owners is this alot. but it was mint few scratches here and there

Storm Grey 200
With these cars I wouldn't worry to much, people pass them on pretty quickly sometimes they just arent what they thought it was going to be

PH2 172
I didnt pay that much for it got it abit cheaper the only things i could find wrong was the engine under tray cover is missing and the exhaust had a slight rattle the bodywork was in amazing condition few lil marks on the wheels but had the splitter door badges all the plastics under arches a frsh. so 7 owners is nothignt o worry about.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A bit expensive, but worth it imo.

I'd rather pay more for a well looked after car, which that deffinately looks to be!!

172 Cup
THATS MY CAR!! those pics are of my car! taken near me in beverley.
And the engine shot is at my house.

Am I missing something here?? Just look at my avatar, recognise the 2nd pic??

I'm shocked, think you better check this one out

RB 182

Ooooo, conspiracy!

Looks like he just used your pictures, you should be proud lol. The reg is blanked off

LY 200
Perhaps the seller doesn't have a camera and just wanted to make a quick advert!?

They do all look the same so it's not the end of the world.

Mini Cooper S sport
Nicking someone else's photos isn't on.. it hardly takes hours to upload a couple of mobile phone photos you've taken yourself.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

LMAO!

Oops.

172 Cup
It might not be the end of the world but I am slightly peeved, is it not wrong passing someone elses car off as your own? Especially in an advert, false advertising in a way?

Some of you guys might not see it I guess

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Perhaps the seller doesn't have a camera and just wanted to make a quick advert!?

They do all look the same so it's not the end of the world.

Not when he's asking top money. He could turn up and the car's a dog.

Pics are key, IMO.

LY 200
Your probably right but depends in the person I suppose!

Standard cups are identical so if it were my car/pics it would be a 'meh' as they say on here from me.

LY 200
He's been and looked at the car and come to the conclusion it's fine hence putting a deposit down on it.

Na mate wouldn't get away with it!

It's not a 'pov spec', identical joe RS ;)

Last edited:
  PH2 172
Nope i went and seen the car looked at it said to him it looks different from add he said it just wasnt as clean as it was in pictures it didnt look 2 bad few things were missing and exhaust was rattling pretty bad and engine was filthy but still its false advertising using sum1 elses pictires im just so glad that i dint pay the full wack that day and then find out this.

LY 200
What was his excuse for pinching pictures or did he not bother replying to your message last night?

PH2 172
He said he dosnt own a digital camera so found these pictures and used them cuz it looked the same WAT A JOKE

I can understand you being pissed if you'd put a deposit on it and turned up and it had 3 wheels, 1 door and half an engine, but it was obviously nice enough for you to buy it? So it makes no difference.

Pics are only ever a guide anyway. I could take pics of any car on here and make it look good enough to buy. Doesn't mean the same applies when you turn up.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you don't have pics imo use press shots. Then it's clear it's not that car in question. Using other peoples pics would lead me to believe it's missrepresentation.

LY 200
I can understand you being pissed if you'd put a deposit on it and turned up and it had 3 wheels, 1 door and half an engine, but it was obviously nice enough for you to buy it? So it makes no difference.

That was my way of thinking! At least theres one other like minded!

Yes using pictures that aint your own may be wrong but if McMillian hadnt advised you otherwise the car was obviously nice enough to be bought as you had been and looked at it in the flesh!

I cant get my nut round how because of now knowing the pictures used in the advert wernt 100% accurate it makes the car you viewed any less buyable.

PH2 172
It just funny cuz when i said 2 him the engine looks alot messier to when it did in the picstures he generally said those pics were taken when i 1st brought it then when i questioned him about the pics he changed it to he dosnt own a camera and dosnt have the time to upload pictures so said he used them he found.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Pics are only ever a guide anyway. I could take pics of any car on here and make it look good enough to buy. Doesn't mean the same applies when you turn up.

Think you'd struggle with yours tbh ;)

If I was in the same situation I would probably walk away as well. On the same idea as you've mentioned "what else is he hiding". Although I'm very wary when it comes to car buying because it seems alot of people are out to scam someone unfortunately and it doesn't take much to put me off a car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hmmmm toughy tbh. Imo if you were happy with it and it all checked out ok dont see the problem myself!

172 Cup
If you don't have pics imo use press shots. Then it's clear it's not that car in question. Using other peoples pics would lead me to believe it's missrepresentation.

If I was in the same situation I would probably walk away as well. On the same idea as you've mentioned "what else is he hiding". Although I'm very wary when it comes to car buying because it seems alot of people are out to scam someone unfortunately and it doesn't take much to put me off a car.

Totally agree with the above.

Fair enough he might not have had a camera, but you cant pass off someone elses belongings as your own. As mentioned above, press images are available.

It would put me right off, making me think there is something to hide about the car.

I'm picky when it comes to buying cars so dishonesty is a huge turn off.

Anyway glad you got it sorted out, hope you find a good one

Iceberg 172
Exactly - what else is he hiding???

If it had of said in the advert "Pics aren't of my car but mines identical" then fair play... honesty is the best policy.