ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new filter feed......

172 5HED
...When I fit it, just a photoshop for now.

My arch feed is causing me issues so I'm doing this, think it looks OK TBH but wont be to everyones taste!!1

carphoto2409907.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like it.

Foglight/bumper feeds are useless. Is it directly connected to the filter? Or is it just a vent above an open cone?

172 5HED
I like it.

Foglight/bumper feeds are useless. Is it directly connected to the filter? Or is it just a vent above an open cone?

Will be connetcted to the filter box pal, I use an ITG LRAB65 but will change to an AB65 for this....

Only prob is locating the feed every time I open/close the bonnet!!

Zippo.... ;)

rps13
is it really worth all that hassle, money and cutting your bonnet up for what will probs be a couple of hp tucking the feed somewhere else?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
is it really worth all that hassle, money and cutting your bonnet up for what will probs be a couple of hp tucking the feed somewhere else?

Its a proper track car, not the usual CS wannabe. Every little helps!

I dont see the difference of having a CAF down to your foglight connected directly to the air filter, and having this hole in your bonnet connect directly. Surely its the same principle?

A grand total of not alot, and a hole in your bonnet?

Looks cool though :)

172 5HED

See below!!
Its a proper track car, not the usual CS wannabe. Every little helps!

;)

I dont see the difference of having a CAF down to your foglight connected directly to the air filter, and having this hole in your bonnet connect directly. Surely its the same principle?

A grand total of not alot, and a hole in your bonnet?

Looks cool though :)

Ta mate, It looks good I think but not for asthetics, the arch feed although high pressure I think could be improved!! Foglight feeds (on the 197 especially) are proven to not be very high pressure! This way the air is really being pushed over the feed! Im just interested to see if I can gain anything, can get a bonnet cheap from wherever and spray it if it doesn't work as well as I would like!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Airs Hotter the closer to the ground you get. Higher the filter/colder the air. Simples.

The feed is longer on the 197 as the throttle body is at the back of the engine. If the feed was sealed and went all the way to the foglight it would lose a load of Torque.

Man thats where im going wrong, need my ITB's on the roof ;)

I dont really see sense, hot air rises and all that, and at 70mph surely picking the air from the front of the engine is better than on top of it with a hot engine below?

I think its best as you say kev, to just get another bonnet and try it that way :)

Golf GTD Mk7
Like it kev. Be should put one one the other side to balance it out and cool the engine bay a bit ;)