ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Install - Pic Heavy!!!

Here we go - been a long time coming (well for me) and i must say IMO a huge improvement from my last install!!

Sound deadening boot - all side wall done as well

The base of the box, the baffel and the amp section with 2nd layer on (space for cables to run below)

The top of the box on and the baffle glued in place

the first section to be fiber glassed - the jumper streched over ready to be done

^^ was then layered with fiberglass to get nice and strong - but forgot to get photos!

Sheet streched over to make final shape

Made a mistake on the angle of the right hand side, so re did that side

Amp section with amps and lid in place

the box last night brought in as filler wasnt drying outside!

amp section trimmed

And the final product - missing my rocky

All covered in alcantara(sp) and im very pleased with it!! the sub isnt totally sealed - as one of the screws is dodgy - so once that is sorted il be a happy man!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Might want to get some wadding for that box it might give you bizzarre sounding bass

what haev you done to stop the wood rattling around? wont it wobble with the bass? waht fiberglass stuff did you use? i realy wanna do sumthing like that in my boot but havnt a clue where to start, i have alot of wood tho

Skoda Fabia vRS

looks very good mate

was that any special kind of sheet you used ?........how did you do that part ?

tomclio182 - why would you think that? theres no strange parts to the box. it sounds just the same as it did in a normal cube box

Midge - what wood? sorry confused. the fiberglass is polyester resin and 600 gram matting from cfsnet (il find the addy later if you want)

Brun - as thats purly for cosmetics, its a normal sheet, cover it in fiberglass resin to make it hard and use it as a base to apply more matting

Cheers for the comments

rorrie

Rb 182

Looks good mate, cant decide on what i want my boot build like? :confused: How much was the Alcantara? How much di you use? Is it any harder to use than acoustic carpet?

Cheers mate Dave

Brun - yer, just the resin on its own for th sheet.

Dave - i paid £140 for 5 meters, used about 2 id say for the boot and kickpods

Thanks

im thinking of getting a perspex window made up the same shape, but 1cm larger all around and having it rased 2cm above the top of the window, might look quite nice!!

^ yes, to me as its something i enjoy, creating something from scratch, being creative, and having something to show for it that is one off and im proud of. I could say the same thing about modifing cars

Quote: Originally posted by Rorrie on 28 September 2004

Thanks

im thinking of getting a perspex window made up the same shape, but 1cm larger all around and having it rased 2cm above the top of the window, might look quite nice!!
now your talkin!

Eviljohn - thankyou! i spent a week alternating between working on the box and gardening, would be apply a layer of fiberglass, go and do something while it cures, apply another ect ect. then i spent about 1 1/2 - 2weeks in the evenings (cannot get much done though), of just the finer parts like filling and sanding, and perparing everything.

But ive to tell the truth, ive been working in the evenings on boot builds for such a long time, as i did my first build (which evolved rather than being built) then my brothers, then a basic one for a mate, then my kickpods, then my boot, now im not sure with my time, IE this evening had a look at if it would be better with sub arse out. i need another project! something harder!

Tiger - autoaucsitcs do it, so i should get it sorted soon- ish!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

well nice ave u gotta pic with the other amp in all tidy??

[Edited by David on 11/23/2004 2:05:20 PM]

well that amp and the xover have gone now (to the garage!!) and there is one of these bad boys in there

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc/navigation/xxk4050prodp.htmhttp://www.arcaudio.com/arc/navigation/xxk4050prodp.htm

and next month there will be one of these as well

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc/navigation/xxk1500prodp.htmhttp://www.arcaudio.com/arc/navigation/xxk1500prodp.htm

running passive up front, and i might add an arc 3 way xover, not sure tho!

for those who dont know arc - they are simialar to zapco, top line sq stuff! and ive fallen in love with the stuff