ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Monaro

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
At the seaside for the week.

1685C367-85B8-48FA-AC22-35DD22AD8188.jpeg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
By cooler, I assume you mean because it looks more like a fridge that some has pushed over?

Honestly, I was at cars and coffee at the motorist on Sunday. There were super cars, evos, porches etc and nobody gave a s**t. A guy rolled in in a clean 740 and the crowds were all over it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
You don’t think you have an addition do you? Like a gambling one but with buying cars? Serious.

It’s a diagnosed mental health issue.

I like the excitement of buying cars, the negotiation, the buying, the first drive etc but after a while that wears off. The only way to get that excitement again is to sell and then buy something else.

f**king hell mate. I feel bad for giving you s**t now.

Besting to do, delete AT, eBay, gumtree apps.

I was a bit obsessed with Rightmove and moving house last year, so I deleted the app. Sorted the problem in one go.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It’s a diagnosed mental health issue.

I like the excitement of buying cars, the negotiation, the buying, the first drive etc but after a while that wears off. The only way to get that excitement again is to sell and then buy something else.
Serious talk time…

have you considered changing careers? I tried leaving the motor trade and it lasted a weekend. I can’t not be around cars.

Golf Mk6 tdi
Some people like exposing themselves to young girls, I'm sure they get a buzz out of it that wears off pushing them to do it again.

Buying and selling cars seems like innocent fun by comparison.

If it's not hurting anyone, do what makes you happy [emoji869]

I would suggest that’s not the best advice mate!

I live with a permanent mental health condition and in the groups I am in, people also suffer from addiction - it’s an awful place and they can’t always find a way out.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I would suggest that’s not the best advice mate!

I live with a permanent mental health condition and in the groups I am in, people also suffer from addiction - it’s an awful place and they can’t always find a way out.

It doesn't need explaining, but "not hurting anyone" means that your actions are not negatively affecting the people around you.

You are financially able to support your addiction while paying the mortgage, your actions are not harmful to your self and others. Etc. Sensible stuff.

Other than that, do what makes you happy, I'm no phycologist but suspect if you do things which make you unhappy you'll end up in the ground far sooner.

Covered.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
This sounds like a familiar scenario.
There is also the buzz of telling your peers what you are up to, then getting "likes", comments and discussion from it.
Especially when there is a lack of social interaction with similar like minded people in real life, the "forum" can essentially replace that.
I broke the chain by leasing the M135i, i simply couldnt buy myself out of it so had to go cold turkey.
Worked well, i now last about 6-12 months before buying something else, the retrofits help extend that, used to be 3 months lol.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
This sounds like a familiar scenario.
There is also the buzz of telling your peers what you are up to, then getting "likes", comments and discussion from it.
Especially when there is a lack of social interaction with similar like minded people in real life, the "forum" can essentially replace that.
I broke the chain by leasing the M135i, i simply couldnt buy myself out of it so had to go cold turkey.
Worked well, i now last about 6-12 months before buying something else, the retrofits help extend that, used to be 3 months lol.
You should have kept that 335i touring.

Wish I could get worked up about buying and selling cars, I love owning them but absolutely hate buying them. I then get overly attached and can't bring my self to sell. I'm upto 8 cars and 3 bikes I think so have maxed out capacity. I know I need to sell some stuff..... But it's mine and I dont wanna!

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
I have the same issue. Forever searching my next car, checking specs, working out costs to run/insure. Talking up cars I’ll be getting with my mates/missus.

Difference is I’m a massive pussy and never seem to pull the trigger 😂 I envy what OP does with cars, as I’d love to try that many!

I feel your pain on a lesser scale. I honestly spend every evening searching for my 'next' car and options. Writing an advert for my current car etc I've joked before but it's a disease. Sometimes I get up in the morning and when I look at my watch list I wonder WTF I was thinking. In less than 8 hours.

It's like the current 435D I have. It's perfect, it does everything I need and if I really think about it I dont think there's much better for me right now. Didnt stop me advertising it for sale last night albeit only for a couple of hours and realised there's nothing I want to replace it with.

3-6 months ownership of cars I even like and I cannot help myself.