ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new non-silver non-ph1.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So, the scoob is causing me issues again, and having no car drives me mental...

After searching the internet for a whole week for a mint low milage modified Ph1 172 which was NOT silver, I popped t'countryside today and happened upon a completely standard Ph2.

Here's one awful photo taken this evening.

5399582036_05cd8735e4_z.jpg

Seemed to fair alright on the way back to glorious Essex apart from a possible small exhaust blow.

~38MPG according to the OBC is much better than the scoob, but no where near the 45 I'd have got in my old ph1 :dapprove:

Coming from a 4wd bus with more torque than the death star, it seems very underpowered and understeery ! :quiet: Nice to be able to go over speedbumps for the first time since 2005 though haha !!

It will take a little getting used to, but it's staying totally standard for a few months at least until I decide if I'm keeping it, swapping for a Ph1, buying something else altogether, or just getting this how I want it ! Oh yes, the list of mods already 99% complete in my head. All my cars come from Somerset... They are also ~40 miles west from the previous one so I should be able to work out with some simple GCSE maths skillz where my next car will be...!

I'm off work Monday waiting for electric company to turn up, so it will get a damn good clean as it definitely needs it now :dead:

Plans if I keep it include Evo Recaros (blue decals!), private plate (guesses on a postcard haha), lowerage, splitter, breathing mods, non-generic remap, wheels, brakes, ARB and ICE.

We'll see what happens...! :eek:

The:evil:Giraffe

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
45 mpg out of a 172?! Neither of mine have ever managed that! you are having a GIRAFFE! Theres an odyssey blue ph1 in my car park here, hardly ever moves. always wanted to clock the guy who owns it to see what the crack is with it. miles from ooooo arrrr country tho.

what camera are you using to take that pic? looks almost real!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I could easily see 45 on my ph1 (on a sensible 60-70ish run). Managed 65 miles at 49mpg once thanks to the traffic. Housemate's one was normally +1 or 2 compared to mine as his was stripped. Could also see 28 driving like a clown on short journeys. Anyway lets not open another debate on MPG ;-)

Canon 7d. It is real. It's on my driveway, well it was when I left it an hour ago...

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
hopefully mine will be a bit better on mpg after getting stung 500 notes next weekend for the 'balls out' full service at nw performance. didn't help that i was lugging about a set of alloys in the boot. if not, not really arsed as at least it isnt a diesel.

need to get myself one of those cameras.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Ph1s rev lower due to the longer ratios. My ph1 did 45mpg on a 200 mile jaunt to fcs and in general. The trophy is worse as it revs higher.

Nice purchase mate, I always wanted a black ph2 on coilovers

Megane 225 F1
Guess who's back.....back again.

Nice purchase. Shame milage put you off some ph1s. There were a few high nice high milers around.

/ph2 wishing it was a ph1 club

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ph1s rev lower due to the longer ratios.
Nice purchase mate, I always wanted a black ph2 on coilovers

Ahh ok.. cheers :)

I got 27 out of mine once

Well at least it's not silver!!! Looks nice ...for a ph2..:rasp:

You! Back in your box. Bad scone.

welcome back boyo! :)

Guess who's back.....back again.

Nice purchase. Shame milage put you off some ph1s. There were a few high nice high milers around.

/ph2 wishing it was a ph1 club

High mileage put me off because if I got a ph1 I wanted a mint one to keep for ever. Daily for a while then track toy. Couldn't wait for ever for "the one" but as said I can still sell this if needs be :)

Maybe a 172 Cup..
The Giraffe is back;)
Is the Scooby going then mate????

How much did you get her for? Gonna be looking myself again soon, and spec of phase 2(with a couple of choice engine mods), is winning over another phase 1 ATM, but think this may be due to my experience with last one:dapprove: Should have made the trek to get your black one, still regret it..

CLIO PH1 172
Lol I was ment to be workin on the car all day but after last night blaaah:dead::dead:

So what you doing with the scoob then

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
ABOO I've not been anywhere chap...

The scoob needs fixing and selling. Fuel pump got no power again. Need to find some enthusiasm/time during daylight to sort it !