ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Old Pug

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I used to own this car around 8 months ago but sold it as I just fancied a change but have always missed it since I sold it. The car is a S1 Rallye with 1.6 16V engine from a 106 gti.

I kept in touch with the lad who owned it and we came to a bit of a deal with my Golf and I now have it back.

Since I sold it it has had a fibre glass bonnet (due to the other one opening at 90mph!!), more strippage on the interior, two new seats, updated cams and AT throttle bodies. Its by no means a show car but goes well and sounds good.

Anyways here are some pictures I took on my iphone. Ill hopefull get some nice clean ones in the next few days.

Rallye2.jpg

Rallye3.jpg

untitled.jpg

Rallye5.jpg

Rallye4.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That interior floor needs some attention!

Glad your happy to have it back, dont know if i could of given up the golf though with the amount of money thats been plowed into it!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That interior floor needs some attention!

Glad your happy to have it back, dont know if i could of given up the golf though with the amount of money thats been plowed into it!

It was a car plus cash kinda deal so didnt work out that bad in the end. I lost a bit of money but then again........I always do!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Very worthy swap <3

The VR does tend to kill the Mk2's nimble ness + Mk2 chassis is no match for a 106 rallye

Thats whats I thought mate. I used to love washing the golf and looking at it but to drive it didnt excite me in the corners.

From my experience (which it limited) ive found the VW scene to be more about show and less about go which is not really what im into.

120d M Sport
You got rid of the MK VR? After all that work? I'm fairly suprised

Agree about always losing money on cars, I'm the same. I'd be putting that as close to standard exterior wise if possible

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
You got rid of the MK VR? After all that work? I'm fairly suprised

Agree about always losing money on cars, I'm the same. I'd be putting that as close to standard exterior wise if possible

Yeah mate, TBH the VR just wasnt what I thought it would be in the end but I still enjoyed owning it.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
did the bonnet happen at mallory? i saw the guy parked up at the side of the road when i was on my way there, gutted cus i had the same thing happen at about 60. i bet its a right hoot what kinda power does it have now? 160-170? mine was 140 and a peach of a car like you i miss it just makes the 172 look so tame and boring.

None
I thought it was a nice little car that pug, i got to see a lot of the back end of it when we went up to whitby last year :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
did the bonnet happen at mallory? i saw the guy parked up at the side of the road when i was on my way there, gutted cus i had the same thing happen at about 60. i bet its a right hoot what kinda power does it have now? 160-170? mine was 140 and a peach of a car like you i miss it just makes the 172 look so tame and boring.

He said the bonnet happened near his house up here. As far as I know, the only track stuff it's done since I sold it is a few 1/4 mile days at York.

172 Cup
Love it! i miss my VTS sooo much when i look at 106's/saxo's :(.

Bet this little thing punches well above its weight with 180bhp :evil:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Going which way? Saw the Pug at your work, it stands out like a sore thumb!

Heading towards cammy mate. I don't really like taking it to work to be honest. Had a bit of attention from my colleagues in their audis today...

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The car is obviously stripped and the floors were looking a bit tired so banged it into the booth (aka the garage) and broke out the rattle cans!

Before.....

9c22a893.png

Half way through.....

a86cd7fb.png

Sort of finished......

5125d4e5.png

Gonna smash a couple of coats of cherry red on there tomoz and see how it looks.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
lol

Anyone else would of removed the harnesses, but instead you went to the effort of taping them up!

9/10 effort

Rb 182
Ps nice car, thinking of get a pug of sum sort and 16v it :) just love these things IV owned a few 106's n 1 Saxo just so much fun :)

Keep the updates coming