ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new photography website (NSFW)

Cayman S Edition 1
Having spent the past five months shooting with models, I'm slowly creating a good rep within the industry and have finally put together a website to advertise my abilities.

Hoping next year it will start to create a basic income on top of the day job, but if not I still love what I do with a passion and get to meet some great people.

www.jaysboudoir.com

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
your web site say's photo's over a range of subjects...

I'm sorry but I couldn't get past the portfolio of half naked ladies.......nice work.

2.2 bar shed.
I gave up looking when I saw watermarks on all the images. I mean, come on... They're like 600px web images.

Cayman S Edition 1
The watermarks are added automatically as part of the site's software. Whats the issue?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Get a wheelchair which "raises". All problems solved.

Cayman S Edition 1
lol at the comments. It's only a hobby I do weekends and some evenings. No I don't sleep with the models (im married!) but have made some good friends:)

Hoping next year I get published and start making some cash!

Theres some really nice FHM (does that still exist!) style shots there jay but also some lower rent ones which don't do the models any favours. Also I would pay more attention to back grounds and removal of all unnecessary objects, for example the Christmas tree shot has the tangled wires showing in the background.

RS6 C7
How does your wife put up with that?

I would have to be single.. , I mean they must be mostly sluts anyway. Your already in the door.

Cayman S Edition 1
My wife is fine about it. It's an extremely professional environment during a Photoshoot so I hope you're joking about the slut comment.

Some of the models are now good friends and have my upmost respect for how hard they work.

RS6 C7
My wife is fine about it. It's an extremely professional environment during a Photoshoot so I hope you're joking about the slut comment.

Some of the models are now good friends and have my upmost respect for how hard they work.

I wasn't joking,

The only models i know (went to school with) are filth. Yours do seem a bit more up market.

Cayman S Edition 1
I don't shoot with girls like that.

Most work for loaded or other lads mags.

There are lots of wannabe models tho and I've learnt to stick with the pros

Clio
What kind of work do your photos get?

Is it mostly mag stuff or do you get brands stuff (if that's the right term)?

2.2 bar shed.
The watermarks are added automatically as part of the site's software. Whats the issue?

The watermark looks horrendous, I got bored of trying to look at the pictures through the watermark. Use less images and pick stronger ones is all the input I've really got to give.

Cayman S Edition 1
What kind of work do your photos get?

Is it mostly mag stuff or do you get brands stuff (if that's the right term)?

It's just a hobby at the moment to build up a portfolio and network of connections. Although I've been contacted by a model agency recently to do some work for them, as well as a pro photographer to go abroad next year and do a shoot with half a dozen models.

If I'm honest it's an almost impossible industry to break in to, hence spending time to create a port. Hoping 2013 will be the year things start to take off and I can focus more time and effort on it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Some lovely photos, what equipment are you using in the studio? I'm currently doing a studio photography course at college so interested to learn what equipment others are using.

Cayman S Edition 1
Some lovely photos, what equipment are you using in the studio? I'm currently doing a studio photography course at college so interested to learn what equipment others are using.

Cheers.

The majority of the shots there were taken either at my place or the models using;

Lencarta Safari 600 Ringflash
Canon 600D
Tamron 28-75

However I've just upgraded to a canon 5DmkIII and 24-105L to give me better detail and full size sensor.

When I have done studio work, it's at Unique Capture in Milton Keynes, so go check them out as they list the type of gear provided on site.

Cayman S Edition 1
600D! Wow, good stuff! Goes to show, it's not always about the camera. :)

Yeah its a very good camera and would recommend it to anyone, along with the Tamron lens. Certainly keeping it as a spare now:)

Cayman S Edition 1
Is it not awkward 'directing' them?

All I imagine is that Austin powers scene 'you're a lemming, you have teeth capable of biting' lol

If I'm honest, yes to begin with it was very awkward. But shooting with pro models is a whole different league and they tend to just get on with it. We talk about themes at the start of the shoot and what the model will wear. In most cases they bring their own lingerie, but I'm building up a small collection that I take to shoots as well.

After a while it just gets quite normal, and when you've seen a few naked models, you get used to it.

Trust me, if they think there's any hint of perving, your career is pretty much over as its a very tight community and everyone knows everyone. Hence you can build a good rep very quickly and models start to contact you directly.

For anyone here thinking of doing it, I'd recommend paying a pro model for a few hours. You learn so much more and can focus on the settings, lighting, angles without having to worry about what they're doing. And its a good laugh!